Afterburner Vortex

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by bluelinescooby, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Finally got it installed....... mated to a Helix catted DP and Daddy's flex midpipe. Only bad part is that it's 2.5" but since I plan on staying on (or very close to :)) the stock turbo, I don't think it'll cause any problems....... and it's quieter than the Ansa it's replacing so the fiancee won't set my car on fire...... I'll try to get pics and maybe a video tonight if I can :bigthumb:

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Afterburner vortex? Never heard of it. I'm assuming it's an axleback?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I think its supposed to be a Scooby Sport type deal. Found this on nasioc...

4. Yep, I missed the ScoobySport exhaust I had on my '02 WRX but did't like how small the tip looked from the back of the car on the '05...... I don't know how much truth there is in the "vortex" baffle, but it's an interesting concept...... it's still loud, but not nearly as loud as the Ansa, and it has a nice deep growl to it :D

Link to Scoobyworld

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

hm...Pics of it on your car?

6. Will try to get pics and videos this weekend....

7. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

-Fits all Impreza, Legacy and Forester models 1993-present day Inc STI's/ Sport / GX etc

I'm not sure how that is possible. N/A imprezas have a different exhaust route than turbo imprezas.

I love how their exhausts look. Quite expensive tho. How much was shipping?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  8. Yeah, I cried just a bit when I bought it, and then again when I found out shipping was gonna be $175...... the exchange rate is an absolute nightmare..... but I wanted to splurge a little bit and now I'm dirt poor once again, and balance has been returned to the Force.....

9. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

That is one badass axle-back! The super-long tip is pretty unique, I love how it looks! I wouldn't mind getting one if they were readily available here in the states.

10. I was worried about the tip being too long and sticking out too far past the bumper, but as it turns out the canister is shorter or set further back so it looks fine....... Daddy's SCP used to carry Scoobyworld stuff, but I think he stopped because even with his vendor discount the stuff was still way expensive.......

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did you order striaght from Scoobyworld?

12. Yep, I checked with Rich at Daddy's SCP first because I knew he used to carry their stuff, but he said that demand was so low that I would be better off dealing with Scoobyworld directly.....

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Cool. Maybe you can help me understand. What does £14.99 inc VAT mean? The VAT I mean. Is that currency in English pounds? Trying to do the exchange rate thingy and see what things cost and figure out what the heck inc VAT means.

14. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of tax....... the exchange rate is dismal, you can pretty much multiply by 2 and get the dollar amount....... or go here for an accurate exchange rate......

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yikes some of that stuff is exspensive.

16. You're not kidding, and the shipping is even worse..... :(

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I want to hear your exhaust. I love my Scoobysport, but wish it was just a little louder.

18. I thought the same thing when I had my ScoobySport, and I think this was what I was looking for...... the sound isn't quite the same, but for the same (outrageous) price I think that this one is the better of the two....... I'll always miss my ScoobySport though......