Special Edition HKS Carbon / Titanium Hi-Power Exhaust

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Silver Surfer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

Just installed it last night in my friend's garage so I can' tell you guys TOO much right now, plus I have a leak where the cat meets the exhaust. So that too is throwing off the sound.
    But from what I hear it has an awesome growl. Almost a inaudible rumble at idle and this "LIon KIng"(for lack of a better metaphor-maybe Aslan...LOL) roar at WOT.
    3" mandrel bent piping with 4" titanium tip and carbon fiber wrapped muffler.
    Looks beautiful and the tip terminates right the perfect spot just a little bit away from the bumper.

Good stuff. I'll post more info. pros and cons, etc. as I notice it.

Here's a link to the item:
    http://hksusa.com/products/?id=1155

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

If anyone else likes the HKS Hi-Power sound, mine is for sale... 8) I've gotten lots of compliments at the racetrack. I think the Ti version is a little louder than my version.

3. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Yeah, the Hi-Power that I am using has gotten some compliments. What makes this special edition different from the regular Carbon-Ti?

4. 7wolf

7wolf Member

the price... haha

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

I believe they are one in the same.

I've always liked that exhaust. I think it's sharp and it sounds good. I just hope you didn't buy it form that site. It can be had much cheaper elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Buy it used. Its not like there is a performance difference between used and new.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

^^ keep 'em coming and you'll earn commission. lol ;)

Anyways, once the leak is fixed I'd curious how it sounds with the stock cat.

8. savsuby

savsuby Member

I have the HKS Carbon Ti on my car. I love it and it looks sweet.

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

Does anyone know if the axle back section of the HKS exhaust will match up with the stock center section?

10. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

I have a DP and UP that I'm gonna be installing pretty soon, so I'll all that ironed out.

I didn't buy it from that site, I bought it at a local shop for a, let's say "good" price :;):

I don't know what it makes it the "special edition" I just wanted to give the exact name they listed on the site for anyone else who wanted to check it out.

Not too loud, but you can't sneak up on anyone either. Made this guy in an old Fox-body Stang roll his window down and start asking me like a ton of questions. Then he ended the convo with the ultra-condescending "Wow! That sounds great for one of those lil' Japanese cars. Those things usually sound like lawnmowers, etc..."

11. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, I think the whole special edition thing is a marketing ploy. It appears to be the same one I've had for a couple years now. I will say this though, I love the look and the sound, and I couldn't be happier!

12. jayjaysti

jayjaysti Member

how much u want

13. schneid

schneid Member

yes.

14. Brian

Brian Active Member

15. schneid

schneid Member

Brian, I spoke too soon. (wasnt thinking)

I know that the hks catback will mate with the stock downpipe....not sure about the stock mid pipe. I want to say no because the hks axle back has that 'n1' angle action, and where the axle back/midpipe meet is low relative to where the stock exhaust would hang...

sorry bout that

16. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

UPDATE (for those that care:)):

Got a 3" DP on there and now that it's all hooked up and leak free it sounds amazing!
    Not too loud until you want it to be.
    Would recommend to anyone who wnats an exhaust that looks as good as it sounds

17. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I have the HKS dp and the carbon ti cb. I love the way it sounds

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

FYI, the HKS axle-back will NOT match up with the stock center section. Not a problem with angles, it's just 8" short of reaching. The HKS center section is 8" longer than the stock center section.

19. schneid

schneid Member

ahh, the truth. sorry again for speaking so soon.

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Odd...

21. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

WARNING! This a really crappy cell phone vid that I took after me and my mech finished my DP 1 day. But if yyou look really, really closely, you'll see that the turbo-back has great fit and finish(OMG, sound like 1 of those dorks from the Mother's Car Show)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Sexy. It almost makes me sad that you can't see the bottom of the car always.

23. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Member

Yeah, my sentiments exactly.
    Especially since my old car had a custom shitty lookin 2.5" exhaust. I'm kinda proud of the fact I have something name-brand for once