Got back from the doctor...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by StarquestAndyR, Apr 11, 2007.

1. My left forearm has been hurting me when I lift for over a month now, so I decided to get a professional opinion.

Turns out I either have a stress fracture or a detached "bone shield" - apparently a bone shield is a really tough layer of protecting material that is the contact point between bones and muscles. I'm sure there is a technical name for it, but the doctor didn't mention it.

So now I am stuck wearing an ace bandage for a month to try to keep me from using the arm. I can't lift weights, I can't even pick up my kids.

Whats the point of having a grocery getter if I can't lift groceries. :rofl:

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sounds bad, usually those symptoms are just tendonitis. Good luck!

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

If you lift weights on a regular basis, taking a few weeks off is actually a good idea(usually 2 weeks, not 4 but...). Give your joints some time to rest. Coming back will be a little bothersome, you might get a little more sore at first... but your strength and endurance will snap back in no time...
    Not to mention, if legs are your weak area like most people(myself included)... do legs 2 times a week to play a little catch-up. Just don't load plates with your hurt arm! And then, there's allways cardio....boo....

4. Hate the cardio...

Actually, when I get back to working out, I am planning on the "300" workout. I dont want to get any bigger now, just stronger and leaner.

I just hate being "benched" for 2 months. argh.

5. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

periosteum. :wavey:

ooo, you're doing crossfit? i've been on it ever since i saw the 300 special on it. We just got some rings and parallettes and been trying to work with those. I like the lifting regimens they put out.

6. Deke

Deke Active Member

What exactly is the 300 workout? I mean I know it's what all of the cast of 300 used to get ripped out of their minds, but I mean what kind of regimen is it?

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

i cant do 1 pull-up! LOL

EDIT: and what do the "max rounds in 20 min," "5 rounds for time," and "for time" mean?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007