Woah talk about a countdown

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cool_____, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

4 more days and I'm handing my balls to the fiancee. :eek:hnoes:

Yep that's right guys! I'm getting married this Saturday. One of my groomsmen and another 2 friends said they'll be there so it'll be a Subie wedding! :rofl:

We are thinking of decorating the WRX up and all and taking some pics. It'l be a blast driving it down to FL! Wonder how long it will take me :evil: (that's the drive that is....not the actual fun you pervs)

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

congratulations :)

3. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

congrats

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks guys!

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i agree that ride is very boring. my sister lives up by fort brag and ive driven up there before from Gainesville fl. anyways congrats on getting married!

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

congratz!!

7. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

yeah, the drive to florida is kinda a drag. what part are you heading too?

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

congrats dude

9. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Agreed, it sucks for the most part.

Congratulations on the wedding though!

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Congrats man!!

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks a lot guys!

We are heading to Sanibel Island, FL which in the Gulf off from Ft. Myers.

12. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

I used to go to sanibel every year with my family around x-mas time, its a beautiful place. though i havent been there since all the storms hit, i have been to captiva island though(right next to sanibel) and it got hit pretty hard.

Congratulations, and have fun!!!:)

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

Congratulations!

14. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Congrats sucker! Haha, just kidding, welcome to the club.

15. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:ky: :naughty:

16. cannarella

cannarella Member

First of all congratulations.

Secondly, Holy Sh!t you are driving to Sanibel? I used to live in Ft. Myers and that is a 10 drive form Atlanta. I did it last November. 75 south of Macon is all construction on and off until the FL state line. It is a sucky drive. The traffic in Ft Myers is horrible. But don't let me get you down. Sanibel it a beautiful place and you will have a ton of fun. Go up to Captiva if you get a chance.

Andy

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  17. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

congrats on the wedding man

18. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

congrats and you should fly lol, it is your wedding

19. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

congrats, i agree with the plane thing, that drive is not fun

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Congrats :p

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I love driving my car and we want to do a lot of sightseeing so flying isn't practical.

22. cannarella

cannarella Member

If you insist on driving, I know I love driving also, can I talk you into taking 95 down to 4 then over to 75? There are more places to stop on the way. I would recommend St. Augustine and Savannah for stops. Or if time is of the essence go 95 to Jacksonville, then 301 down to Ocala on to 75. We did that run a lot when moving from Jacksonville to Ft Myers.

I don't know how long you are going to be in the Ft. Myers area, but there is a high speed boat that runs from Ft. Myers Beach to Key West if you are interested. http://www.explorenaples.com/brochure.phtml?memberno=1526

If you are thinking about doing some sight seeing, remember that it is $3 everytime you want to get on the island.

Andy

23. TheRex

TheRex Member

Sanibel is a nice place. Definitely check out The Green Flash, really cool restaurant. The Ding Darling Wildlife refuge is on the island too, and is a must if you like wildlife, photography, or both.

The speed limit is 25-35mph unfortunately. The drive shouldn't be that bad, it takes me ~8 hours to get from Atlanta to Ft Myers. If you need any other help, PM me.

-Patrick

24. cannarella

cannarella Member

8 Hours, you must be flying.

Oh yea Ding Darling is pretty neat. Lots of wildlife. There is a place on the island called Cheeburger Cheeburger that is good if you like burgers. It is on the main drag called Periwinkle Way. There is also another place on Captiva called the Bubble Room that is good.

I am sure that you have everything planned out though. Take the lucky lady on a sunset cruise. They love that stuff. http://www.captivacruises.com/sched_cruises.html

25. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

Yea i third Ding Darling... its really cool. cheeburger cheeburger is good, and if you go to the bubble room try the cake:drool: i also like rc otters.

Have Fun!!

26. TheRex

TheRex Member

595 miles door to door. I cruise at 80.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dang I missed a lot of the advice. The drive was hellacious but not that bad. 13 hrs will me playing around here and there. Sanibel is beautiful and we will be going back like every 3 yrs or so but next time I am flying and renting a flipping car!

I took I-95 since I am on the SC/NC border and I-95 is 25 minutes from my house. I drove to Sanibel and the car stayed parked except the one day we went to Tampa for Busch Gardens. When I got home I netted 1922 miles total for the trip! Yikes but the Subie netted 28 mpg on the way home!