On my way to Panama City, FL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

I know there are a lot of folks here originally from FL. I'll actually be there all this week for training at Tyndall AFB. Anyone have suggestions for cool places to eat down there? I'm taking my pos gov't car...hey its no gas money out of my pocket when I drive it. Talk to you all later!

-shane

2. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Have fun. :fawk:

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i went last week.. had a blast! though it was quite cold... i dont remmber what the crab place was called but it was on front beach road

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

There's a really good indian resturant on the way down. My dad just got back from there so Ill ask for the name.

5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

I am still thinking of joing the AF. Hmm.......any suggestions? I have a 2 degrees........Officer?

6. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Dirty Dick's crab house, Capt. Anderson's, Pineapple Willys, I just got home less than a month ago and already wanting to go back....

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

taken out of context, thats plain disgusting

8. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Yes it is, but I have a cool ass T-shirt from there.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  9. Jake

Jake Active Member

please delete

10. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Steaks, shakes and pancakes is good, havent been there in a while I heard a lot has changed.

11. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Have fun Bro....There are 2 really good clubs in PC... Club La Vela and Spinnaker's...I am sure that you will find out when you get there...If you have time, there is also a really good place to fish for flounder and speckled trout behind the NCO club where the water is brackish.

Mark

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

+1 for Pineapple willy's. There is also a really cool bar/restaurant on the beach west of PC call the 'Red Door'. They've got really good live music and badass seafood.

You wouldn't happen to be a pilot for the ol' Spook would you?!?!?

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Just watch out for herpes and underage girls! ;)

14. MarkM2016GTI

We used to hit the clubs about every 2-3 months in PC when I was stationed at Eglin....Those were the days....LOL...

Mark

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl: :bigthumb:

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

well i just just got back. had a friggin blast! lets see..i went to this place in Mexico Beach called Toucan's, and also in PC went to Pompanoes (sp), Hooters, and some other place. Also, I got to see the F-22 up close and personal, and saw an F-22 engine run at full thrust. Talk about looooud!!! No car dyno has shat on this!lol As much as I had fun, I still prefer Eglin AFB since its closer to Ft Walton, and Sandestin. either way, the AF paid me to chill on the beach so can't complain too much.:p thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  17. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

18. MarkM2016GTI

Lucky Bastid...I would love to hear that engine in the hush house.....

Mark:fawk: :)

19. MarkM2016GTI

Eglin is the shiznit though...Alot more land area fo sho...and also a different mission....More of a Test base like PMRF.

20. Hughes8418

Hughes8418 Member

Wish i would off seen this thread earlier. I grew up there in (Parker) Panama City my dad served At Tyndall. I could of told you all kinds of places.