Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by JJang12, Feb 20, 2007.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

How many people have this service?? either XM or sirius?? How do they compare to regular fm/am ??? Is it worth $12.99/mo?

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I have Sirius, but after today, that may not matter as they have announced a merger between XM and Sirius. It has a long way to go to become approved, but as of right now, it looks like it may happen. Anyways, is it worth it is a loaded question. How much do you listen to the radio in your car? Do you like listening to the news, sports, anything else, or are you mainly just listening to music? If its just music, I am not sure it would be worth it, but if you like to listen to other things on occasion, stuff you can't get on terrestrial radio, then I believe it is a reasonable price...

3. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

I have Sirius its worth the money

4. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I bought my wife xm last year and she loves it. She is more os a talk radio person but when I'm driven I can always find some decent tunes on it. totaly worth it I just paid for the year so I don't have to worry about keeping up with the monthly pymt..:coolugh:

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive never thought of getting it, then again, I destest the radio all together.

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I have Sirius and love it. I travel long distances a lot so I was always getting pissed trying to find good local stations. Now I have my permanent stations and I listen to a variety of things depending on my mood.

7. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i can't justify getting it but if i didn't have a dvd player i think i would.

8. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

how many channels do they come with?? any of your particular favorites?? I'm more into talk shows and less of musics. but since my AM reception really sux... I stopped listening most of radio.

9. flip

flip Member

Satellite radio is not anything like FM radio... I LOVE my Sirius... I've had both and I like the programming on Sirius better personally. They seem to have it categorized better. I'm really into electronic music and such so it works out well for me. They have a breaks channel, trance and progressive, dance and they stay pretty close to their designated genre...

10. BelvnAWD

For talk radio, sirius has two flavors of NPR, a conservative talk channel, a liberal talk channel, CNN and CNN lite (Headline News), there is a Maxum channel, which can surprisingly be interesting on occasion, Discover channel, Fox News, a few more. Music spans the gamut, if you want to listen to it, its on there

11. sti37

sti37 New Member

i have an i pod

12. savsuby

savsuby Member

I think I'm going to get sirius on Friday.

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I HAD XM and they have tons of stations, but they play a lot of music from bands that you know, but just not the songs that you know... They play the songs on they're CDs that never made it to the radio... Thats why I dropped it.

14. savsuby

savsuby Member

just wanted to tell you guys that I got sirius today and I LOVE IT!

15. BelvnAWD

Yep, I can't get rid of mine. The next thing is Sirius Backseat....congrats on the purchase. What receiver did you get?

16. LightWerkz

LightWerkz New Member

I love my sirius too..best addon since I cant stand normal radio.