travelling for conventions...gone fer awhile

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

If you find yourself wondering what happened to this annoying quacker: I disappear for Hawaii tomorro to run an anime convention, http://www.kawaii-kon.org

when I get back, i drive from the airport to Orlando for theirs, http://www.jacon.org

:wavey:

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Quack

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Have fun and say hello to Mark :)

4. Mad Mallard

i'm crispy

5. Alex

How is it ?

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Crispy like a quacker?

7. Mad Mallard

crispy duck...

i just hiked up the diamond head crater, its only .8 miles but its up from sea level to 720 feet with around 250 stairs in the trip up.

a japanese tour group or 2 was there, the kids were so cute. At the top, one little girl gasped 'Tsukaretta!' which means "I'm so tired..!" then "there should be an elevator here." everyone at the summit had a laugh.

i'm well cooked tho...

8. Alex

Why dont you use ひやけどめ ?

9. Mad Mallard

because I'm not that 1337.

that and there's no shift-jis on the computer I'm at right now... ;p zannendeshita

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I never heard from TJ....I guess he was really busy. I am on Kauai, not Oahu. I could have taken a flight over there....LOL...It sounds like it was a fun convention.

Mark:)

11. MarkM2016GTI

TJ.....wasssuppp?. Do you know how to say bad ass wagon or cool wagon in japanese?. Nobody over here knows, and half of them are japanese, but they really don't speak the language.

Mark

12. Mad Mallard

er uh... there's not the same string of colourful euphemisms in japanese like there is in English, you just have to say it with the right inflection.

like... su-gge na kuruma, or suggoku kakkoi na kuruma, i suppose....

anyways, i was much too busy at the convention to hang out anyhow. so i wouldn't have been much fun... ;p

and now i'm just in from Orlando..

13. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

where were you at in orlando. im down here now. could have stopped by. i was doing nothing but being board this last weekend.lol

14. Alex

Nice to have ya back :)

15. Mad Mallard

dude, the international plaza near seaworld.

16. MarkM2016GTI

I would have been happy just being in Oahu....I am starting to get island fever.....:eek:hnoes:. I can't wait for the darn super ferry to get here......I was waiting for your call....

Mark