In need of a new job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by crashtke, Apr 24, 2007.

1. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Ok as several of you know, the wife and I are divorcing and right in the middle of a career change for me. If anyone knows of anything career wise, let me know. I am talking about a real career type opportunity. I need to find something pretty quick. My reserve funds are starting to wear thin. If you know of something , please let me know. I have management experience, police experience and a degree in sociology from the University of Georgia. I am going to several interviews this week, maybe something will come of it. I am not in a position where I can take a job making any less than $35k. I realize a lot of jobs don't start out that high, but now that I am down to having to maintain a house that was bought with 2 incomes in mind, I need to make some reasonable cash. If I have to I will go back to being a cop, but I am trying to avoid that as it just seemed to be a dead end job. Something in banking or that has career advancement is what I am looking for, not just any job.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Good luck dude. I am in the job hunt too, cause I graduate college in about 17 or so days.

3. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Honestly, look into sales. I am in a "career job" and i really do not like the concept. My particluar line of work does not allow my skill to dictate my compensation. It is either a raise of 1-3% per year or a promotion (2-3 yrs).

I am switching to Business-2-Business sales in a few weeks. Find a good company, with good marketable products or service, sell myself and the goods. Base pay + commission. It is risky if you dont make sales, but I need to try since I did sales in high school and college.

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Cingular Wireless is always hiring. My Department starts at like $37,000 a year, + yearly bonus and a free cell phone. If you are interested, let me know.

5. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

What does the position entail? Various locations?

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

What did you do in your law enforcement background? I might be able to point you to a few different things...