Is anyone here planning on seeing F&F: Tokyo Drift?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by slpymnky, May 21, 2006.

1. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Is anyone going to see this? I'm just wondering. I wonder if this movie will cause a huge surge in the popularity of drifting.

2. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it will cause a huge surge for sure and i plan to see it also..

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

no doubt, quick and buy up any cheap 240 etc and yyou will make a killing after this movie comes out.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Probably, but I'm not saying it won't piss me off.

5. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Why stop now? Ive seen all the rest of them, I cant stop it just keep callin me and callin me:eek3:

6. suby113

suby113 Member

True dat!

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

my inner ricer is very excited about this one :D

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I can't wait to see the videos posted from stupid kids trying to drift their mom's 626 after this.. :)

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I want to go see it. It should be good for Entertainment purposes, and then when leaving the theater, there will be all manner of ricers peeling out, and trying to drift around, maybe even a few good accidents.

Lookin forward to it.

10. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I predict my favorite thing about this movie will be the ricer/wanna-be-gangsta fights that are sure to ensue after the movie lets out....

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i'll watch it a week or so later when it's not all crowded and the hype is not as big. i think i might have to buy me a hachiroku after this one!:p

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if ur serious, u should buy it before the movie releases

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

actually i owned a toyota trueno in highschool when i lived i japan. should have kept it! right hand driver of course too.;) but na, not gonna get one.

14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

It'll be totally unrealistic and outrageous, but yeah I'll see it. You gotta expect Hollywood to try and make things larger than life and they always get things wrong... but at least they got the drifting part right by using the Formula D guys to do it.

I wonder how many people will miss Paul Walker's character though. :pssh:

15. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Im not even driving my subi when I go see it. Im taking the honda so I can blend in with all the other ricers.

16. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

blend in ROFL
    btw if i was u guys i would watch the movie 1st day last show then get out from there a little late to watch the late night real life movie or ricers and gang-toes messin with each other and then when the parking lot is emty then sit in your car and go home safe and try to avoid any energy drinks or beer.. that will make you blend in with the ricer crowd and when u blend in u make bigger mistakes .. btw when i went to see f&f 1 this ghey ass ricer honda rear ended my sentra and thats messed up over all what he did was stupid trying to peel off thinkin he is paul walker LMAO he also didnt have insurence and paid me 400 dollers but thats a different thing try to be safe when watching any f&f movies trust me it will be worth it..

17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah have to agee with Milo...my inner ricer will get the best of me and I'll definitely go see this.....hopefully I can get someone to meet up with (hint,hint) my gf won't go with me cause f&f 2 was so bad...and I made her go with me.....

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Let me know when and where. Or we could try to plan a big G2G and roll in WRX Deep.

19. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

That'd be cool!!!.......tha anti-drift crew :coolugh:

20. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to see this movie too. None of my friends will go see it with me though. Lol.

21. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

All Aboard The Wrx Anti Drifting Group Of Caravaning Wrx'ers
    All Up For G2g For This Movie
    Holla Bak

22. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Ya know I'm down for tha g2g for da f&f lets show da ricers how we get down:ddirty:

23. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

now lets deside which movie place we will go to and where we will meet for the caravan, and it should be the 1st or 2nd day and for last show maybe about after 10 show.. what about regal 16 on shallowford rd?
    close to all i think

24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Is that off 85?....what town is that in?...DM is close to me but I really don't care, we always meet up here so...:wiggle:

25. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I definitally plan to watch this movie. Though I can't say it'll be super awesome...!

26. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i hear the climax of the movie will involve and old Boss mustang fitted with a TT Skyline engine...

27. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah that car was at Drift Atlanta..(pretty sure).....but so was the 240 with a Trans AM front end...and the RX-7 with a big block engine...odd combos

28. Mad Mallard

well, not so much on the rx with a big block. I've seen that multiple times actually, including twice at Dallas strip before it closed...

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah but what would be wrong with the high reving rotary?...especially in a drift car...I could definitely see the swap being benefitial in a drag car..

30. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it's off 85 and yeah it's before varsity..

31. Mad Mallard

yeah... probably just reliability...maybe gas milage:rofl:

32. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

LS1 swaps in RX-7s rock. It's a lighter motor that will make gobs of normally aspirated horsepower and be much more reliable than the over-engineered rotary engine it replaces.

I'll wait for a friend to download the movie, I'm not going to waste any money on it.

33. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I thought that regal was 24. oh well it dosent matter as long as they have staduim seating.

34. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Are you refering to me. I am definitely going to download it, but I think I will go see it in theatres also. I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies in the theatre and figured I would check this one out on the big screen.

35. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

I Plan On Seeing The Movie. As For Me Even With Teh Previous Fast And Furious Movies I Like Watching Them Just To Look At The Cars And All Of The Differences And Varietyies Of Them. Tokyo Drift Will Be Expecially Cool Becuase Of The Drift Cars. Those Drift Cars Are Very Well Planned Out And Highly Modded. Im Just A Huge Car Enthusiast.

36. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I think WrxCrazy has a good point though. Stupid people will probably be doing all kinds of stupid stuff after they watch the movie.

37. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i won't be taking my car anywhere near a theater on opening night.

38. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

it has lil bow wow and no paul walker...cmon! haha i dont plan on seeing it at all.

39. Mad Mallard

+1 on the no paul

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'll watch the movie regardless... im a ricer at heart

41. Mad Mallard

42. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

if we go as a team we will be good 2 go..
    btw all check g2g's section for the f&f G2G POST

43. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah but there's a difference you can DRIVE.

44. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I don't know if I wanna bring the 240 out and see it opening night

45. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I saw the previews at the new X Men movie today. It's actually worse than I thought.

Here's what I saw. A lot of Japanese guys speaking great english, Lil Bow Wow being some kind of Japanese drift expert and just a bunch of other stuff that could never happen.

The driving was pretty darn good though.

46. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Thats all I really care about. After going to Formula D I want to see some more well done drifting.

47. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

just watched ff tokyo drift on hbo, and i officially want to be a drifter!j/k it wasn't bad though...actually had a plot to it, but of course a lot of stuff was over done like all of them. i give it a 6.5 out of 10.

48. Deke

Deke Active Member

I actually just saw it on HBO the other day too. I completely agree with your review. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  49. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

that theme song was in my head for weeks after it came out...

50. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Ya I watched it on HBO Sunday, I was dissapointed to only see a glimpse of a Subura in it. So I give it 5/10.