stop sign law..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, May 2, 2007.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i got a ticket coming out of GA TECH for ignoring a stop sign.. how much would it be and how many points will it be on my license? will it increase my insurance? if not, i`m thinking about paying the ticket off without telling my parents.... i swear i didnt blow pass it, i stopped and looked, but just not a complete stop..(i just wanted to roll in second gear..plus it was like 5 in the morning and i wanted to get home..)

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

sorry man, but that's blowing past it....you have to COMPLETELY stop. AFAIK, there is no points, and might not even be a moving violation, therefore no insurance.

I could be wrong though....it SOMETIMES happens :rofl:

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

GTPD pull you over?

Its probably a hefty fine but no points.

4. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I believe stop sign is.. complete stop then go. unless you live in GA everyone rolls stuff worse than east coast drivers. I tell you cops could make a killing just writing tickets for running stop signs and crossing double yellows.

5. Traffic signs and signals violations are OCGA Title 40, Chapter 6 and are classified as moving violations...... fine and points unless you can convince the judge otherwise.....

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

The benchmark my LE friends have always said they use is that the vehicle must "rock back" at the sign. If it doesn't, you didn't stop...

7. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Ya gotta laugh at the ole california roll....I did that once at Keesler AFB back in the early 80's and yep, and then there were the blue lights a flashin.....I just had to show my supervisor the ticket. They don't mess around on base...You should see PMRF...they have the Navy cops, the PMRF cops, and the Federal cops....I always go under the speed limit which varies between 15-35 mph all around the base.

Mark

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ah, GTPD :)

9. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Well, mine was about $80 and 3 points. This was county cops though, so I'm not sure how the gtpd works. If this is your first violation, plead nolo. You'll still have to pay the fine, but no points will go on your license. GL!

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I thought GTPD aren't really cops so no points will go on your record? Just a fine. I have a ticket or two for parking by the Towers Dorm but everyone says I don't have to pay because my car isn't registered at tech.

11. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i wish i could, but i have recently gotten two tickets at once about three-four months ago... btw, this was a fulton county cop, so i might be royally screwed...

i`m thinking it's probably a good idea to tell my parents.. :eek:hnoes: