Watch out for this Mustang at the track...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, May 9, 2007.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Impressive, yes. I agree with the author, too many "special edition" Mustangs. ;) But if I the 'stang is your cup of tea, I guess it gives you options. :)

3. BelvnAWD

I like Mustangs, would probably never buy one (as long as they keep using a live rear axle), but 600hp and a warranty is pretty cool...

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Cost of a GT500 + 14K!!! I have always liked Mustangs, but for that price, I might look at a Z06.

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

For the first time I like Rustangs. The new Retro bodystyle is hot, especially with just a couple simple aftermarket add ons.

Subaru is just as bad with the Special editions, if you think about it. Not here in the US, but overseas, there are so many special editions, its rediculous.

At least Ford keeps their names short.

Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA S204 FTW
    Ford Mustang Steeda GT500

6. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Last time we talked, I thought we were going halfsies on a black one. ;)

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

^^^^ twin turbo too. You get one half, I get the other.

(Dibs on driver's side :D)

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

:rofl:

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:rofl:

10. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

The big difference between all of the subaru special editions is that they're in-house, with the occasional Prodrive special edition. Steeda, Roush, Saleen, are all independent mustang tuners that ford very closely cooperates with. I love the modern day horsepower war!!!:coolugh:

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just wait until the new Camero hits the street. There should be a big American Muscle HP War at that point.

12. Vektra

Vektra Member

I saw a black cobra with silver stripes but without the gt500 stripes down the side yesterday on 85. I didn't think they made them without those stripes.

13. BelvnAWD

If the thing wasn't gonna be so freakin heavy, I might consider one.

14. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Sell out.

;)

15. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ima looking and ima liking

16. BelvnAWD

Unfortunately, Subaru doesn't currently offer a convertible in their line up. I will hold out hope for the Scambler for awhile longer, but eventually, I may have to accept that they won't build it....:wtc: