Drug Tests

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, May 19, 2007.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Don't want to imply anything but, do most companies still use Urine tests or do some use hair tests nowadays too?

2. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Urinalysis are primarily still used only.

3. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Uhhhh jayj you been puffin da cheeba? Tsk tsk

4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Piss tests are pretty common company wide...Study hard Jay....

Mark

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Piss tests are cheap and easily faked, hair tests are more expensive but next to impossible to fake. Most companies just take the cheap and easy route and do piss tests.

6. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

some do the mouth swab

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I think the answer to that question depends entirely upon what you feel they may be testing you for, substance wise ;)

8. jayj713

jayj713 Member

-_-, THC, about 2 weeks ago was the last time... and ive been working out a lot and drinking a lot of water recently

EDIT: Oh, and if they do find anything in my urine then it stays on my permanent record right?

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Your fine.

10. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

GNC sells the cleaners, which are hit or miss. You can always check out erowid.com for how long things stay in your body, how they can be tested for, and ways to expedite the removal of said drugs from you body.

Drug tests do not stay on your permanent record, unless you are applying for a company that is an affiliate of the original company or the government. Employee employer confidentiality clauses state that a company can not speak bad about you to another company, they can only say good things or wish to not comment, which is normally bad anyways. Any specific mention of those type of activities is a violation of your rights and is illegal.

11. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Panasonic gave me a pee test before they would hire me. I don't do it but I've been around people while they did it so I was worried slightly. I looked it up online and unless you smoke like daily it's out of your system in about 2 weeks, or you can get as others said stuff at GNC.

Craig

12. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Also, if I remember correctly, a company cannot actually know that you failed a drug test. I was reading about it at the clinic, and what happens is your job acceptance is contingent on passing a drug test, but if you fail it's basically like choosing to decline your job offer. They "know" you failed the drug test, but not officially because all that happens is that they won't get confirmation from the lab that you passed. So if they tell anybody that you failed your drug test it is slander because they have no official proof that is the case.

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

be careful with those "cleaners". a lot of those are just masking it, and after a week or so, it'll pop back up. really...you have to wait 45 days to be really be clean.
    don't think anyone really cares, but a gee wiz thing....if anyone pops hot down at MEPS during their physical, they're permenently DQ'd from the AF. all other branches, you go back to MEPS in 45days to re-test for drugs. some companies don't mess around with it, like the AF. i deal with this issue everyday as an AF recruiter in Clayton Co.lol

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah the last three companies i've worked for all used Pee tests before hiring. they only use mouth swabs in the event of an on-the-job accident.

15. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Thanks everyone :D, i'm actually applying for a Cingular/AT&T summer job right now. They said they'll call me back in a week for my interview so whatever.... I'm not too worried ive been working out a shit ton, burning fat and stuff.

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Do not use the cleaners. These will deplete your body of the natural proteins that are supposed to be in your urine, and will show on the test as diluted. The only sure fire way to guarantee to pass is substitution.

17. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Only problem with substitution is for Job pee tests they require that you pee in their bathroom at the clinic, and they temperature probe the pee as soon as you leave to make sure that it's body temperature. At least that's what they say they do, whether or not they do that is a different thing.

Craig

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hahahaha, this thread just went from slightly sketchy to ridiculous in a very short amount of time.

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

That being said, I imagine if you kept the substituted urine strapped, say, between your thighs, you might be able to maintain a decent temperature. But then again, I've never really looked into ways to cheat piss tests.

And I accidentally quoted myself intead of editing. Now I'm a self-quoting douche...

20. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

That is very easy to get around. I had to do it to get a job recently. All that is needed is a Balloon or Condom, Air activated heating pad, and a little ingenuity. Oh yeah, and someone with clean piss helps also.

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The Air activated heating pad does this, just strapping it to your thigh will not get the temp up enough. I believe if I remember correctly, the temp was supposed to be about 98 degrees within 4 minutes of completing the test. The second you walk out of the room, they look at the temp. The cup that you pee into has a Thermometer attached to the side.

Strap balloon with pee to you thigh using the heating pad. Get into room, pull balloon out. I took a thumb tack with me to poke a hole in balloon, then squeezed out into cup. Also, sounds like peeing as opposed to just dumping into cup. Watch temp on cup until about right level, leave room, pass drug test, yeah.

If you have the paperwork for the test that they are doing, google search it, it will give all the details.

I failed the first time, came up diluted because I used one of those GNC Cleaners. After I got home, I looked up the test I did from the paper, and they said the only way to pass was substitution, so that is what I did. It really is very easy, and if you need to pass, the only sure way to go.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Wow, good sounding advice, as it should be coming from someone with such a screen name. :)

I'm not judging at all here, because I've been known to partake myself from time to time. I just find it amusing that we can talk about cheating a urine test but not a quick pull with another car on an open stretch of road.

23. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

The synthetic urine I bought to pass my test came with a warm pack to keep it at body temp. I passed, but the lady kept knocking on the door asking if I was ok. I guess she could hear me going through the terrible pain of ripping the packing tape from my leg hair I had used to tape the bottle and the heat pack to my leg. The bottle came with a temp indicator on it like some fish tanks have. I don't know if they sell that stuff anymore, but I bought it at the Loveshack.

24. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  25. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Seriously guys... a piss test is not that hard to pass, esp if you only partake with herbal refreshments occasionally. From my research (take it as you will) the half-life of THC in body fat is 4 days (if you remember decay models from calculus). It also depends on how much body fat you have yada yada yada. I passed a pee with a 2 week notice (not that I do drugs or anything). But since it is stored in fat, I have heard that you don't want to work out the week before, just so the fat is not broken down into your system.
    Good Luck!