2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Mark your calendars. Saturday November 17th. Turner Field, Atlanta, GA. More details to come soon. Registration will be at SubaruChallenge.com around mid June. The event will be limited to 125 driver participants.
    Randy

--- following added by miloman ---

The Atlanta Subaru Challenge is right around the corner. Here are some event facts that you need to know.
    • A welcome meet will be held at Subaru of Gwinnett Friday evening from 6 PM to 8:30 PM. Burritos from Chipotle and beverages will be served for Challenge participants at SOG. No registration for the Challenge and no tech inspections will be done at Subaru of Gwinnett on Friday evening.
    • Registration and tech inspections will be done on Saturday morning at Turner Field. It is VERY important that all participants are at Turner Field by 8 AM on Saturday morning to register and get tech inspected before the 8:30 AM cutoff. If you do not register by 8:30 AM your spot will not be held. This is very important so that we can stay on schedule and run over 100 drivers through the auto cross.
    • Bring folding chairs with you to Turner Field. The city of Atlanta wants WAY too much money to allow us to bring in tables and chairs for the event. We will have several 10 by 10 tents at the site, but we need you to bring your own chairs for watching the event. Sorry.
    • Lunch will be served to all participants and their guest. Also there will be free soft drinks and water on Saturday at the event.
    • If you are on the wait list for positions 100 to 110, show up on time and you will be entered to run on Saturday.
    • For those of you staying at the event hotel, there will be no welcome reception due to facility limitations. The meet at Subaru of Gwinnett will take the place of an event at the hotel.
    • The event will be run rain or shine. Bring clothes to match the weather conditions.
    • We will be providing an event photographer who will take pictures and post them on a web site for you to download for free, shortly after the event.

The Atlanta Subaru Challenge will be here before you know it. Have a safe trip to Turner Field. Don't forget, be there at 8 AM on Saturday morning!
    The Subaru Challenge Staff

--------------------------------------

There will be a 2008 WRX project car running in the Atlanta Subaru Challenge so you can see what the new body style can do.
    [​IMG]

---------------- added by miloman on 11/10/07 ----------------------

Here is the latest announcement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Subaru Challenge will take place in the Green Lot of Turner Field

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  2. WJM

WJM Banned

Sweet.

You DA MAN.

*runs off to prepare outback*

3. heathbar

heathbar Member

Dammit... Seriously? I'm a groomsman in a wedding in FL that day...

When's the FL event? Which city in FL?

4. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Awesomeness, thanks again for putting these on Randy!

5. WJM

WJM Banned

August 25th Gainesville Raceway, Gainesville, FL.

6. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Remember, the GA one got cancelled last year, because there weren't enough registrants. Lets not let that happen again this year. Even if you don't know for sure if you are going, you should register.

7. cannarella

cannarella Member

I think I can plan that far in advance. Thanks for the info. I will be signing up again.

Dang it Heath, you need to be there to spread the Saabaru love.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Thanks Randy!!!!

Alex, can we sticky this to the front page! Lets get 100 people by July this time!!!!

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:banana: Thanks Randy!

Like Tom said, let's get the registration full. No excuses for a cancelled event!

10. RRSCR

You are welcome. Let's pump the number this year and not hang back like last year. We will have a couple of interesting enhancements this year. We will put more out about that when the registration opens up in June.
    Randy

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Can definitely count me in.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Thanks again Randy. Let me know if there's anything we could do to help.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

+1, stuck & front paged.

See you guys there :)

14. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'll be there as long as we don't have any other events that conflict.

Matt

15. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Awesome, I will plan on being there this year! Thanks Randy.

16. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

:banana: I can't wait! We will definitely be there.

17. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

should be fun as usual

18. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Hmm..

Weren't there over 50 or so people registered last year when they canceled?

That didn't go over well with me. I hope things work out for the better this year.

19. RRSCR

Registration is now open for the Gainesville event. Go to SubaruChallenge.com to register. Atlanta is not set up for registration yet. Entry fee this year is $35
    Randy

20. Alex

21. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

i will register again this year for the atlanta event and try my best to get some of the savannah guys to register also.
    if it doesn't get canceled again, i will definatly be there.

22. RRSCR

It won't get cancelled this year, promise. We will be displaying quite a few '08 Imprezas at the event.
    Randy

23. Ashley25

Ashley25 Member

^^^ Will you be there?

24. WJM

WJM Banned

DUH.

25. Tal

Tal Member

when does registration start?

26. Meredith

Meredith Banned

27. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Registered!

28. Alex

Hell yes!

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

30. Deke

Deke Active Member

Going to register, not sure of class. I have EM, so I'm pretty sure that will put me in STS (where I will undoubtedly get destroyed). I just don't want to register for the wrong category.

31. BelvnAWD

Only regret about selling the subbie is I can't enter the challenge...anyone want to let me co-drive? Could be talked into covering some of the reg fees for the person who lets me drive their car...

32. cannarella

cannarella Member

What class am I?

05 Saabaru MT w/ short throw shifter
    Gutted UP
    Turbo XS stealthback with stock axleback
    Cobb AP v1 Stage 2
    Cusco adjustable RSB on middle setting

Thanks

33. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

The cobb ap puts you in street prepared, esp if I am not mistaken. Whereas, you would be in stu without the ap. Some correct me if I am wrong.

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

If you are catted, you can run in STX, if not, ESP

35. cannarella

cannarella Member

I have a high flow cat so STX it is.

Thanks

36. Deke

Deke Active Member

do me! All I have is an AP stage 1.

Oh and 225 tires.

Note: I know that I will not be competitive in whatever class I'm in with my current setup. I just don't want to sign up in the wrong class, and be competitive, and find out that I'm dq'ed for mods.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  37. BelvnAWD

Flash the STX map and run in STX....

38. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

we still using wrxatlanta.com as a sponsor this year?

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Please do if you would like to show your support for WRXatlanta at this event. :)

40. clemsonscooby

Gutted up is technically a removal of emissions device, which is what threw me into ESP before I was even ready. I had an up and springs and got my butt kicked all the time. After a couple $k of mods I fixed the butt kicking problem. I won't say anything though if you run in STX.

41. cannarella

cannarella Member

Ok, so here is a layout of my exhaust. I want to make sure I am running in the correct class.

Gutted UP
    Turbo XS Stealth Back with high flow cat before midpipe
    Stock axle back.

So is STX not the correct class?

42. Deke

Deke Active Member

You're saying just realtime flash to the stock map? This sounds like it could be a good plan. So do the tires keep me out of d-stock?

43. Meredith

Meredith Banned

You must run a wheel that is same size at the OEM wheel; whatever DOT legal tire fits on the stock wheels is legal for stock class. However since you can run any DOT legal tires, you must have R-comps to be competitive in stock class.

44. Deke

Deke Active Member

wait, so does that mean I'd be better off in d-stock or stx? Or should I just not worry about it since I'm probably going to get waxed either way and just keep my reflash and run in whatever stage that would put me in. I'm just looking to have fun here. I would run time-only, but I noticed they didn't have it for this event.

Haha, I just want someone with more experience than me to tell me what they would do :)

edit: but if there is a class I could be competitive in, I'd definitely do that.

45. BelvnAWD

I would think you would be most competitive in STX. Yes, just flash a real time STX map (they are on Cobb's site). Stock classes are actually more competitive than STX...

46. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Time only runs are only offered for regular AR SCCA events; the subaru challenge is put on by SOA with the assistance of Atlanta Region SCCA. I would run STX personally.

47. Deke

Deke Active Member

Thanks! I'm registering right now!

Edit: registered

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  48. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Awesome..... now where is everyone else? Let's get going on this! BUMP

49. Meredith

Meredith Banned

50. clemsonscooby

STX is not the correct class due to the removal of an emissions device (up pipe). Nobody would know, and with you not having a whole lot of suspension mods I would say just run in STX. I could see if your uppipe gutting added 50hp, but it doesn't. You really don't want to run in ESP without R comps and at least stage 2.