Mountain Runs in Dahlonega?

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RoMe, Jun 10, 2007.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

So I moved to the Forsyth area like almost two months ago from Florida. I keep hearing about and keep seeing people on Georgia forums talk about the mountain runs in Dahlonega up here in North Ga. Anyone have any idea where this is? I heard something about HWY 60 maybe and that is goes trough and old Indian burial grounds, of that helps any? I know on Sat and Sun I see alot of bikes and modded cars going north on 400. Does anybody knows about this? Anybody down to drive the mountains?:ddirty:

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Mount Helen is out that way. It has alot of really nice hairpins. I just drove through there never actually been to a Touge on the mountain. My friend with a 240 says he sometimes goes up there to drift though.

3. Greg

Greg Active Member

We do it all the time ;) The usual route is hwy 60 -> hwy 19 ->hwy129 ->hwy180. Its about a 35mile loop. 326 turns in 35 miles ;)
    I'm on hwy 180 in my sig. picture

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

When's the next time thats gonna go down? I recently went to Deal's Gap... loved it!

5. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

if you give me at least 2 more weeks, I'll have my coilovers and I'll be down again. But they're hella fun. But greg, you and I have to switch plates for this one...lol. Here's a map of the typical run we do.

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2759

It's the first map on the list.

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

7. Demo24

Demo24 Member

just remember that at this time in the year there are a lot of bikes(motored and pedal powered), and also a good many cops.

I went up yesterday(sadly not in my wrx), and while it was not the busiest I've seen there were a lot of bikes.

8. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

The last run I went on, I went very early in the morning...like 7am...which means I was up at 6. A couple of benfits to this were that the air is quite a bit cooler, and there is NO ONE on the roads. I think I saw a total of 5 cars over the course of 2 hours.

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

cyclists tend to go in the morning hours to avoid the vehicle traffic. Just a FYI.

I tend to go up around 5pm ish. Road are pretty empty. No bikes or cyclists.

10. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  11. Greg

Greg Active Member

What? Why would I switch with you?! Your the big trouble maker... not me! :hsnono: ;) You know what they say... Lifes a bitch! :rofl:

12. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

youd probaply get in more trouble by switching the tags from him lol

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ oh yeah! I forgot... you'd be FUBAR'ed :rofl: Its gonna happen... just don't know when :sx:

14. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

You know I'm just jokin'. But yeah they took my plate down the last time :( but I'd love to go up again if I get my coilovers, or even if not. Ut you guys are good people and I always have fun.

What do you mean it will happen eventually?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  15. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

i went to school at North Georgia for 3 years and know the roads pretty well. I have not been to the mountains in my Subaru yet so i am definately down.

16. xpsi

xpsi Member

Depending on the weather sunday, I'll be going there in the morning, it will be myself and my friend Ed with his evo. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a pm. :)

17. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

who else is going?

18. xpsi

xpsi Member

that i know of, just Ed and myself..

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I would def go but I gotta work @12 dammit!!!

20. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

yeah gotta wait for my coilovers to come in this coming wed.

21. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

...and then you die

i'm down for any weekend i finally convinced work not to schedule me anymore on the wknds

22. osborne519

osborne519 Member

highway180 fun fun

have spent last 2 summers near dahlonega so im very familiar with the area and the ppl that live there hit me up 4 info

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

I actually just found out I'm off that Sunday thru Tuesday. So I am down, I just won't be driving my car. Its that serious, smoking everyday now...

24. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

never been on one of these but sounds like fun. if anyone wants to get anything started, just let me know date and time. im pretty much available anytime

25. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member