Dahlonega Mountain run on June 24th

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by xpsi, Jun 18, 2007.

1. xpsi

xpsi Member

Okay, some Evo friends of mine are going to Dahlonega @ like 8 in morning, first meeting in smyrna, and as we go north there will be people joining, like myself since I live in Dunwoody area. There will be some differents cars, evos, miata, s2k and some others. So if there's anyone interested shoot me a pm and we can meet somewhere, and have some fun at the mountain.

Have a great day everyone!!

** UPDATE **

SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLANS:

The Evo owners are complaining that they dont get enough beauty sleep, so the time has been changed to 9.

We are meeting up in Smyrna at 9. Meeting up again on Holcomb Bridge at 9:30, then again at the outlet on 400 at 10:30 or earlier. Whenever we get there. Those will be the only stops we will be making. If you wanna go and cant meet on any of those, you can either catch us on the highway (you can ask me for my phone number and ill let you know how far up 400 we are) or you can just meet us at the outlet at 10:30.

If anyone is missing, there will be a 10 minute wait period for everyone. Those who are late can just meet us there as well.

Pm me if you need my phone number

Have your radios. I will try to bring a loaner.

Also, eat breakfast. We are not stopping for breakfast. We will stop for lunch. There is a restaurant up the mountains or we can come back to Dahlonega for lunch. So far who's going:

Ed (YSLBTT)
    Jr ( Xpsi)
    Ryan
    Trip
    Alan

Alex (350Z)
    Sharif (350Z)
    Other dude with blue wrx from Forged (WRX)

Faheem (M3)
    Ran (Yaris)
    Mike (Miata)

Yungdz ( maybe )
    Axlejohnson ( and some friends )
    Jason
    Keeganxt ( will be going for sure )
    Thebigph
    BC2003UGA (but won't be driving)
    AGL_7882
    senfinger
    CHEMSOLDIER27 ( and 5 friends ) :D

SLIGHT CHANGE OF PLANS:

The Evo owners are complaining that they dont get enough beauty sleep, so the time has been changed to 9.

We are meeting up in Smyrna at 9. Meeting up again on Holcomb Bridge at 9:30, then again at the outlet on 400 at 10:30 or earlier. Whenever we get there. Those will be the only stops we will be making. If you wanna go and cant meet on any of those, you can either catch us on the highway (you can ask me for my phone number and ill let you know how far up 400 we are) or you can just meet us at the outlet at 10:30.

If anyone is missing, there will be a 10 minute wait period for everyone. Those who are late can just meet us there as well.

Pm me if you need my phone number

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. xpsi

xpsi Member

bump

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

i may be down, gotta check the schedule

4. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

hmmm...we could make this pretty big, usually do when jake or I organize. But I think I'll be available, if I can get an alignment in after my coilover install later this week. yay :)

5. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I'll be down this weekend, I had the check engine light come back on last weekend so I was a little wary about going up last Sunday. I think I can get a couple of friends with S2ks, Focus SVT, and a Eclipse.

6. xpsi

xpsi Member

Cool, I went yesterday and I'm game for this coming sunday, it was awesome, but i'm sure i'm going to need an alignment the following week. Let me know later on where you guys wanna meet and stuff.

7. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

free bump. :)

btw im organizing the event. :p

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

damn... I would, but I'm showing cords on my tires and the others won't be here for a while...

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

gotta work that day, and i don't think my car is in any shape mechanically to do any more mountain runs till i get a new engine, and that could be a while....

hate to miss it, but got no choice.

-Jake

10. jason

jason Member

Whats my name? come on you know.
    For real though, Id be down.

Cough cough, Bomjoon

11. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

^^^Thought you were going to sleep you big baby...I wanted to come over and cuddle. We both have some shit to get done if we wanna do this. Coilovers=alignment

12. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i think i'm going to get in on this...is there going to be any place ppl want to meet near buckhead and drive up there together? i live right by REI on 85

13. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

so thebigph and jason you guys down for sure?

14. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

i have autox in b'ham this weekend.

i wish this was next weekend. :(

15. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

skip autox.

16. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Bomjoon, you should skip autox, and wait to compete with your cams in. Go up to the mountains with us and let jason embarrass you again. All in good fun of course, it should be a good trip.

17. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

lol

i need to chase jason next time it was kinda hard to lose him when i got traffic and cops ahead to worry about. plus it was kinda hard to tell what kind of road was ahead, if you are following you can just go according to the person infront.

wait till i get all my stuff dialed in. suspension and stuff. i was all over the place last time i went up.

ok enough of the lame excuses... lol i gotta go to the autox cuz its one our member's birthday aswell as autox day.

18. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

lame-o

19. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Very lame my friend. lol

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

Oops posted in the wrong thread. I am off all weekend actually, but with my car now smoking everyday I'm not driving, but I will definitely ride with somebody.

21. thebigph

yes i'm in for sure...it's been i while since i did any mtn runs i'm looking forward to it

22. thebigph

i have plenty of room in my car if you want to ride along...let me know

23. Jake

Jake Active Member

probly hitch a ride with jason or keegan, since i live close to them and see them all the time..

24. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

hell no, you'll slow me down fatty. lol.

25. xpsi

xpsi Member

^^ how nice, lmao. I had invited a friend to come with me, if he doesn't feel free to come with me.

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

:asshole: screw you, keegles. haha.

27. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

how long are you guys usually out there for?

28. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

huh?

so you usually charge ppl to go with you? lol

29. xpsi

xpsi Member

^^ no man, that's not it. lol. I'm not sure that my friends is gonna go or what, and riding in the back seat is no fun.

30. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Well we usually go from noon till 5 or so with a lunch break in cleveland. But if were going at 8 then I'd imagine doing lunch at 12 or 1 then heading home. Just a guesstimation from our trips.

Let's get some times and details from our organizer this time around???

31. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

so who's going and what part of town are they from? just so i got an idea.

32. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

im most likely gonna make it. anyone wanna meet up somewhere closer and head out there since i dont reely know that area too well, and dont know how to get there?

33. xpsi

xpsi Member

^^ Where exactly do you wanna meet? We're going north on 400. We're already meeting on the chevron gas station on exit 7. As we go north we can meet up somewhere. Let me know where.

34. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Weren't some guys wanting to meet in smryna. I'd either want to do that or exit 7 (that's holcomb br rd / hwy 92 right? ). Im familiar once we get up there, its not too hard.

35. xpsi

xpsi Member

That's the one ( holcomb br rd, hwy 92). I just updated the first post, just copied the info from the site that kinda organized this. hahah, thanks to Ed (YSLBTT).

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

keegan, coilovers come in yet?

37. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

keegan, we are meeting at a shell station on windy hill rd... if you are coming south on 75, take the windy hill exit, and the shell station is right accross the exit by an arbys. if you wanna meet us there, we will be there at 8.

just have radios guys so we can communicate up in the mtns.

38. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

what day are you guys planning on going? I'm off saturday but working Sunday but perhaps I can get somebody to switch on the schedule because i would really like to go.

39. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

sunday, so if u can switch it, do eet.

40. senfinger

senfinger Member

Maybe +1 = )

41. xpsi

xpsi Member

^^ in which part of dunwoody do you live? maybe we can meet somewhere in that area and head to exit 7.

42. Jake

Jake Active Member

turner's corner is closed forever, not sure if anybody said it already. i know i saw someone mention cleveland. its kinda outta the way, but we could go that way or just stop in dahlonega afterwards for lunches.

43. YSLBTT

YSLBTT Member

im sad about that too. i liked their food :(

44. Jake

Jake Active Member

they were never open when we went. i heard it was good, but no telling.

45. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Not sure if i'm going anymore, coilovers havent even shipped yet!!!

46. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

im pretty close to exits 10 and 9 if anyone wants to meet somewhere around there or make a quick stop so i can join the little caravan?

47. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

haha thats too bad ~! .... err.. i mean im really sorry that you coils have not gotten to you yet...

well we can always do it the next time. when greg gets some new tires we can make another trip up there.

48. xpsi

xpsi Member

ok, had to edit my post.

I'll pm you my number and YSLBTT number, We will call you whenever we leave exit 7 so you can meet with us on 400.
    Is that okay with you?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  49. senfinger

senfinger Member

Right across from Perimeter Mall but might be in Dahlonega with the In-Laws this weekend… I’ll make an update to this thread if something changes!

-Stephen

50. AGL_7882

AGL_7882 Member

ya sounds good