Bored V. Iraq Sucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bluetwo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah.... Iraq really sucks ass.

I'm just sitting here at the internet cafe thinking about how hot it is outside and stuff. And how most of the posts here are local Atlanta type posts.

So does anybody have anything new and exciting to talk about?

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Man, I thought you would be the one with the stories... Braves are doing pretty well if you don't get sports center.

3. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Ha ha. Bro. We don't get shit where I'm at right now. But thanks for the update.

I guess I could tell you guys stories about rockets and mortars coming in but that stuff is kinda boring to me. Lol.

But screw it. I had a two foot rocket land just about 20 feet from my position (can't say where cause of security reasons) just a few days ago (can't say when exactly either) and the funny part....

The frikin Iraqi A-holes that fired it forget to pull the safety pin. It basically just buried itself in the sand! Lol.

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

thank god they were idiots because 20 feeet is pretty close range.

stay safe.

5. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks man. I'll stay pretty safe I'm sure.

We wear so much gear that we could just about take a grenade from that range and survive. Oh and that rocket wouldn't have hurt because of the huge concrete walls that are around our positions.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Funny as that may be, I'm glad it wasn't worse.

7. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Thanks bro. By comparison though... this place is a cake walk compared to Baghdad. Those guys are where the real trouble is. Hopefully I'll get to stay here a while, but if we have to go down there then it will be worse.

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Forget us man... were all doing the same ole shit.. how are you??? My usual disclaimer "We are praying for you and your buddies and know that you are VERY appreciated... thank you for our freedom..." Stay safe and come home soon!

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

wow that is crazy...stay safe over there and get back here to have some fun

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Throw a WRXatlanta shirt on an insurgent for us and take a pic, and be safe!

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

ha, that would be hilarious

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Its hot here, it rained recently, there was a 1ft puddle on 285 last night.

Other than that, watch yourself out there!

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Watch out for Suicide Bombers. I know they like to frequent places like Internet Cafes and stuff like that.

Come home safe.

As for new and exciting, well I have lots.

Supposed to be closing on my first Home purchase next week. I have 4th of July week off for vacation, that can now be spent moving in, instead of driving home to see my Mom for her birthday.

Also, got a Promotion at work last week.

14. D_K

D_K Member

:rofl:

But yeah, on a serious note.. be safe man.

15. RADON

RADON Member

Well here's a non Atlanta type post... I'm on assignment in Columbia, SC, right on the University where it's hot and they don't wear much. Oh and the beer of choice is Yuengling.

Stay safe over there bluetwo, we're thinking of you.

16. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Anyway you can bring me back a Case. I grew up in PA. Any bar you go to and ask for a Lager, they instinctively pour Yuengling. I hate that I can't get it here.

Usually, 4th of July, I drive home for my Moms Birthday, and usually bring back a case or two. This year, I will be closing on my house that week, so will not be making my trip, hence no Yuengling this year.

I will gladly pay for the case.

17. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Hell yeah!!! Same here. Bring beer back with you when you come back this way. Will pay some shipping and handling fees.

Jason (bluetwo), got any good beer over there to drink?? I always wondered what was consumed by our troops over there. I had one friend that served and he said all they ate was steak, shrimp and lobster.
    Not quite sure how truthful he was being about that one, but he wasn't a bullshitter, so I took it as real

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  18. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

hey jt...you can get yuengling anywhere in SC...and its only about a 1.5/2 hour drive up there

<---lived off of that for the past few years

19. Tom's WRX

Tom's WRX Member

Oh for fucks sake, im sorry you are there man, i think that it was this time last year that you were hitting me up when i was there. Where are you, whats poppin? I know that you already know it but you'll be chillin back in the rear in no time thinkin, how the fuck did that year go by so damn fast. At times i miss it. Hope all is well and you guys arent taking the big green weenie. Keep your head up and remember tracers work both ways.
    If you see the boys in the non medevac choppers, those are my old homies!
    Keep your head up, our prayers are with you. Lemme know if you need anything, you know i got you.

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

From the top to the bottom.... actually it's other way around but just kind of rolls off the... you know what I mean.

Tom, yeah bro. I hope you're right and it'll go by quick. I'm in Mosul and about all we get are mortars and rockets... knock on wood.

pEd, you're a great friend bro. And it's true that some people get steak and lobster, but it aint us. At least not right now anyway. There's no alcohol allowed here by troops though, because it's against the beliefs over here. Stupid rules...

Radon, thanks for a random non-Atlanta post mang. It is good to kind of remember home. The truth is I'd sit in Atlanta traffic over this crap any day. :)

D_K, Alex, 420, Greg, BC, Sonicboom, Wrxin8or, Liquidforce, Milo... if I missed anybody you guys all rock!

BTW where are my decals? :D Lol. Catch you guys around.

J.

21. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

stick a few WRXatlanta decals on a hummer, and take a pic.;) stay safe dude!!!

22. FACE

FACE Active Member

Stay safe bro!!! and Thanks!!!

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I just still haven't gotten em' yet bro. :(

I would've been glad to have done it a long time ago but it.... well it's just kinda hard. :hs: Lol. I'll be glad to do it just as soon as I get some though. Hell I may even just break down and pay for some like everybody else. I mean I know I'm not special, I just thought it was sealed and stuff.

All I really know is that I can't wait to get back to my baby so I can test her out again... I meant take her on a nice cruise!... In the mountains again.

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

We'll have to bust Alex's balls... whats the hold up brotha :) As stated earlier, I will paypall you the cost if necessary........