It's summer... and i'm bored out of my mind.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Jul 1, 2007.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

Can anyone recommend me some shit to do. It's summer break and I have absolutely no idea what to do. Pretty much the only thing i've done so far is played video games, watch movies and that's pretty much it. Unfortunately i'm only 19 so yea. no clubs or anything(no fun ones at least).

EDIT:How's the Fernbank Science Center?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Do you have a pool near by?

3. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

Well clubs are over rated anyway. Get out and do some things you wouldnt normally do.

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

yea theres a pool 10 feet from my house lol. But pools kinda piss me off because its always filled with little kids. So when i go swimming its usually pretty late.

oh :(. Things I wouldn't normally do... hm...................

5. I know something you normally don't do

Not hit on Allene 24/7. Christ, seriously.

6. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

Burnnnnnn!!!

7. jayj713

jayj713 Member

whats wrong with that. one of the more interesting points of summer

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

As a former 19y/o and a current 33 y/o, I can tell you to friggin enjoy being bored, seriously! Once you get out of school, get a full time job, get married, have kids, your level or responsibility ramps waaaaay up and you will be wishing for those time like you're having right now. The other thing I would suggest is to do some of the things that you always think of doing, but never do. Take up an instrument, detail your car, edit some video...whatever floats your boat, but again, enjoy the boredom for all us working, married stiffs (even though most of us wouldn't swap places with you now :) )....

9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

you own a wrx. go DRIVE it. there are plenty of autoX things going on... otherwise, enjoy your shortlived downtime and take up a hobby. maybe go learn something that you want to learn rather than what's fed to you at school.

10. Ya, but its like beating a dead horse....I think he beats you in all the categories too.

School? Air Force Academy
    Relationship? Known each other for over 4 years
    Activities? Fencing.....compared to.....competitive DOTA...... ya.
    Car? 350Z to WRX (arguable, but she loves Nissans anyway :p )
    His Charm? Obviously good enough that she keeps ignoring you..HAHAHAHA.
    Communication? Holy Shit, they talk on hours on hand vs. AIM...
    Family? She knows his family so well..
    Wakeing up? like 10 am vs 3 pm

What do you win in? ...heh.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  11. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

wait....he wins cause he has a WRX. damn you!!! you legacy owner. :p

12. Not so much on the built quality of the TR

True theres a back seat, but it'd be more interesting in the back of a Z wouldn't it? (...i never said that)

Hey hey don't hate, not only do I have decent quality, I DRIVE A GROCERY GETTER, with Leather!

13. Demo24

Demo24 Member

fernbank? ha! That place really isn't that great, and I have no idea why schools love to take field trips there. However there is a neat science center in Augusta(haven't been in years, so it was neat then)

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

go to the aquarium, or the new world of coke next to the aquarium. get your mountain bike out and hit some trails.

ummm, that's about all I have. except who is allene?

15. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

16. WJM

WJM Banned

Get a job, make some money, and autocross.

17. Greg

Greg Active Member

Come to some G2Gs.... meet some new people...

18. Oh, Allene is my friends (sorta) ex-girlfriend (looong story). He's at Air Force Academy and won't be back for a while. Therefore everyone is hitting on her. It's like a 6 way battle royal!

19. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

make that 7-way -->me<--

Giggity giggity... All right!

20. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Autox..... Night event this weekend at Atlanta Motorspeedway.... autox under the lights at night!

21. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

speaking of g2g's...you can start by coming down to McDonough to the Summit Racing meet tonight at 6:30.;)

22. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

:werd:

pick up an MMO like City of Heroes or World of Warcraft. that will occupy some of your time

23. jyang

jyang Member

come and jump out of a plane with me this weekend.

24. jayj713

jayj713 Member

that sounds fun but also very expensive lol.

After i get my o2 sensor and new tires i think ill start trying to make it out to autox/track days.

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Go intern for 10th St JDM or something... :D