STi axleback install

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by RoMe, Jul 1, 2007.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I just bought a STi axleback exhaust and im looking to get it installed. Since I'm new to the the area I'm looking for an exhaust shop to so some custom installation like.. the oem exhaust is 2.25 in in diameter the STIs is 2.50 so I want to cut remove the resonator and then run 2.5in pipe from there to the STI Axle back for a some STI sound . So anyone know of any shops in the Forsyth County North Ga area that can do this? I know I could look it up but I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas?

2. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Actually the STI midpipe is not 2.5 it's like 2.3***. Just bolt the axleback onto your car and I'm sure you'll be happy. WJM says that the axleback is the biggest restriction besides the car on these cars.

3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

According to a 92x forum is doesn't just bolt up in linears or "na 92x's"

4. FACE

FACE Active Member

didnt you install a STi Axel back on yours?

5. WJM

WJM Banned

if its a turbo Saabaru, the STi muffler should bolt right up.

On N/A 2002+ Impreza chassi'd cars, the sti muffler hangs right up, but the flanges either need to be changed, redrilled, or rotated.

6. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I bought one but then I went to Florida and came back broke its just collecting dust in the garage right now but I want it on :ddirty:

7. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Could SOG do it?

8. WJM

WJM Banned

bring it up, request me, and I'll see if i can get it done.

9. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

pm sent

10. WJM

WJM Banned

replied.

11. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I have an STi axleback on my 06 2.5i wagon and it bolted right up, no welding necessary.

So its possible some of the Saab linears will bolt right up as well.

12. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

How does it sound?

13. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Its really only noticeable from idle to about 2k rpm, makes the tone deeper and a little more resonant and a little louder too. The best part is that on the highway and cruising speeds (above 2k rpm) it sounds like stock, no excessive noise or droning or anything, I really like it!

14. WJM

WJM Banned

What ^^he said.

The first power mod on my 05 RS was an STi muffler (had to cut and rotate the flange tho). Noticeable increase in sound at idle to 2k. After that, like stock inside the car. Outside the car...there was a little more noise. Not much.

I'd say it was about 7~10hp increase, and most of it was up top.

15. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

you get this on yet?

16. WJM

WJM Banned

I just installed it. It bolted right on.

His Saabaru is exactly 100% the same as an 06 2.5i wagon.

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Really 7-10hp? I thought all the HP was in the downpipe, not in the cat-back? Do I need an STI rear for my Saabaru too?

18. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I have a mint STi axelback sitting on my garage floor that's for sale. If you know of someone that wants to buy it let me know. PM me I guess... I'll probably forget I posted this.

19. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Just got done with the install at SOG thanks again Will and Neil felt like i was there for about 5min. Will, your right its really deep under 2k but I can still hear a little rumble at hire RPMs

20. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

glad that you like it man.

21. WJM

WJM Banned

We are talking N/A here.

For a WRX...going to the STi muffler is still about 10hp. And yes, there's alot of power to be had going from the stock DP.