Please critique my new webpage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by goixiz, Jul 2, 2007.

1. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Im not sure if its allowed to post on here
    anyone interested please PM or leave username or email

2. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

send it to me, I wanna see!

3. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

I like it, I would have some alternate way to access the products. Also maybe some text that appears on the rollover as well to signify what products are what (especially for products that aren't as easy to identify with the rollover, like the battery tie down).

4. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

if you select it and wait a sec there is something like tooltip that shows up

5. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Send me a pm, ill take a look see.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I could take a look at it as well. PM me the link :)

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

well everyone else is doing it, I might as well too...

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

pm it to me man and ill check it out!

9. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

I'd like to see. Please PM me.

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

PM me too please Ming...

Mark

11. Trey

Trey Active Member

Just post the link already.....

12. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Send me a pm.

13. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

mods feel free to remove if its not appropriate
    temp page

a lot of the descriptions are being worked on i just want to get the format first and with so many browsers out there i want to get most of i worked out

saab92x forum guy helped out most of the format

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I don't like the scroll thingy...it's in a weird place when you have a minimized screen (hide at work :keke:) Other than that I like it.

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Looks like a really good start!
    The background of the logo is slightly off from the background of the page. Turn your web only colors off when you make your logo and use a color meter. Should help. Don't forget to nail down the logo design/color and stick with it forever and ever and ever. I would bump it up a little on the font thickness. On my P.O.S. testing monitor with crappy resolution they're a little too thin. The "c," "o," and "e" are half gone and look the same.
    What about ghosting the logo into the background? It's kinda boring on a wide screen. http://www.getting2tri.com/ That's a bit louder than I like, but the guy likes it that way. I would recommend softer than that with your gray.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

work on the product shots and how you visually treat them, carry over aesthetic feel in your cropping like the attached... the same could be said about the main home page image-which personally i would do in a more abstract or conceptual manner (subtext: "we do our work in the middle of nowhere")

also work on your usability, the product pages have images and text centered within the frame, try left or right justifying the images and have the type flow from the side of the image(s). there's a lot of real estate not being used in the overall design, which lends itself naturally to at "widget" look and feel

the rollover zooms are a nice touch but do not support usability, the space would be better spent labeling the products and having zoom views in the product detail pages.

having the site in frames isn't necessarily bad, providing that the site does not get larger (where someone might want to send a link of a product page to a friend)

i'm sure you may already know how important the sitemap is... it's the main search engine aggregation page. go to google and do a site map according to their specs, register your site there as well.

overall it's a good start and solid template layout.

Attached Files: