Speakers picking up radio?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So I've noticed this on and off all school year. I have a yamaha keyboard in my bedroom with built in speakers, and whenever I play a note, I can faintly hear a radio signal. Now I've started noticing the same thing in my computer speakers. Is this even possible? Haha, it just seems kind of weird to me.

2. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

lol never heard of this before
    *subscribed*

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

haha, ever seen white noise? or frequency? I think you've got some paranormal shit going on dude

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, the other side is trying to contact me.

5. MY computer speaker do it sometimes use to be real bad when I lived in Panama City. Never found out the cause for it just turned them off when I wasn't using them. On a good note they played one of the good stations.

6. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Ya, your unshielded speaker wires act as a dipole antenna and pick up radio interference. Have you ever heard anything weird out of your computer speakers when you're about to get a phone call? that's the carrier signal, kinda neat.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah I used to get that all the time at my last place.

8. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

the speakers on my computer pick up a hispanic station . I thought I was going insane from watching too much soccer on univision.

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

I get it all the time on the road in certain places

10. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

On our home theater at the rear sub woofer, if everything is turned off except for the speakers you can hear the truckers talking through the CV radios. We live a mile from i-85.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Mine used to pick up cell phones conversations :)