Bought STi Last Year and New to WRXAtlanta

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cgrigalunas, Jul 12, 2007.

1. cgrigalunas

cgrigalunas New Member

I bought a new 2006 STi from Gary at Subaru of Gwinnett last November and was really impressed. I feel like I got a fair deal and he was able to answer all of my technical questions thoroughly.

I have been extremely impressed by the stock performance of the machine and how well it can keep up with cars costing much more. The only modifications that I have made so far are adding a STi short-shift kit (not really worth the extra money) and a K&N stock replacement air filter (worth the money). Next on my list are a Sparco harness bar and two 6-point harnesses. I've been having a hard time finding a good deal on these items. Any suggestions?

On another note, I saw someone with a Georgia license plate that read 'WRXATL' driving south on 75 a few days ago. I wonder if that person is a member of this board...

-Chris

2. 1naplay

1naplay Member

welcome!

3. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

That's the post whore Alex. He's the president/CEO of all that's good in life (WRXAtlanta).

Nice car and welcome!

Look into the Schroth (sp?) Quick-fit harnesses. They're DOT Legal and wont snap your neck if you get in a wreck. You also won't need a harness bar to use them.

4. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

The best deals are always used. Just watch the forums. There is this one obviously, then IWSTI, ClubWRX, NASIOC, and I am sure there are a few others.

Welcome.

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard!!

6. heathbar

heathbar Member

Welcome :wavey:

7. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Welcome! :wavey:

Unfortunately, Schroth Quick-fit harnesses aren't available for the 2006 WRX and STi due to some changes in the seatbelts in the '06. Bummer...as I'm anxiously awaiting one too.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad you found the site :)

Welcome to the community :wavey:

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

What took you soooooo long to find us? LOL
    Welcome Bro

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Really... I didn't know that. Are they going to make them?

11. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Welcome!!

12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ebay harness bar FTW! I got mine for $125 and the quality/fitment is awesome

13. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Sorry for the thread jack Chris. Response from Schroth on June 4th:

"We do not have any time frame as to when anything will be available. I’m hoping for then end of the season but that is just a guess. Keep you eyes out for updates on the site. Thanks,"

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thats been up on their site since the 06 was released :)

15. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

WELCOME!!! & Gary's the man......

16. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

ooh... should have gotten an evo. LOL j/k

i know a guy who is selling some schroth harnessed. blk competition 3" ones. with camlocks.

and the harness bar is the best 150 ive spent on the car yet.

17. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

pulley1fan@yahoo.com thats his email you can request a pic and all... im not sure how much he wantss for em.

18. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Be careful when you use your harness; if you are injured on the street with your harness on your insurance company can possibly deny your medical claims. Harnesses are really only useful for when your car is being tracked/dragged or autoxed. Welcome and good luck with your car.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Welcome to the boards. How did you find out about us?

20. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

welcome to the boards