New Show on SPEED

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Has anyone seen the previews for the new show Fine Tuned? In the first episode they do a 350Z and it actually looks pretty damn good... It starts tonight at 9:00pm on SPEED, so we'll see...

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

That show isn't all that bad... Has something for everyone and they actually know what they're talking about...

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

I actually saw a commercial for it earlier. Unfortunately, for some odd reason, I do not get Speed.

4. WJM

WJM Banned

I started watching it...then switched to the history channel....to learn that they are shedding all the F-14's. *cry*

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^Much better birds in the sky now a days. But the F14 was the shit back in teh day.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Don't get Will started. I made that mistake on Nasioc once...once!

7. WJM

WJM Banned

Dude, F-14 is STILL the shit.

I cant wait to see the new season of Dog Fights.

its too bad that there will only be two F-14 accounts if they ever do an episode on them...

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

I work around the F22 and there is nothing that can compare.

dogfights??? when does it come on and what station?

9. WJM

WJM Banned

history, friday nights at 9pm.

Dude, Gimme an F-14D and I'll take out any F-22A you can throw at me.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

assuming we had the ability to operate them...you would be gone b4 you ever saw me. and could never catch me. There is nothing on the earth that can compete at the moment, well that we are aware of

11. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Too bad Tyson "Crashford" (as he is called in the drifting world) AKA Beckford is a dork!

~Tracy

12. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm pretty sure the AN/APG-71 on the Tomcat can see you from atleast 100 miles out....

And something about a little birdie on the radar flying at high speed...thats rather obvious to my RIO as we lock on the AIM-54C. "Fox 3, one's away." ;)

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol, I thought I heard that it was Tyson in the commercial, but wasn't positive.

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

I'm fairly positive the AN/APG-77 will out match that of the Tomcat...

this very small birdy carries a mean missile too, I also fly the entire mission supersonic.

15. WJM

WJM Banned

Yeah, but the AIM-120 only flies so far....AIM-54 much farther.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

The F14 is the only one that can fly through the danger zone.

17. jyang

jyang Member

They should make F-22 STi :)

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

What about the JSF? Couldn't that hang with an F-22?

Fixed for ya

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

WINNAR!

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:rofl: Wingman FTW.

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

Negative in fact it is what is replacing the F14 and others. It comes in 3 varients. My favorite is the STOVL... Mostly with the engines single vs dual but the JSF if my absolute favorite. Looks sooo cool when hovering.

WIll - I promise the payload on the F22 can far out shoot the capabilities of its radar systems which are far superior to that of the F14. First flight 1987 and after 30yrs of enhancements and you think that legacy F14 can keep up???

22. WJM

WJM Banned

The F-14D: Yes. The A/B variants: No.

23. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

24. WJM

WJM Banned

leave it to alex...

25. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

^^^this is true...that plane is untouchable...that's why we're building it

But I do have respect for the f14, it is somewhat legendary and will be missed. PS...Will loves Tom Cruise!!! :bowdown:

26. Brian

Brian Active Member

man, what a thread jack.

P.S. Everyone knows the Piper Cub rules the skies!

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

28. cannarella

cannarella Member

A-10 Warthog FTW. Any takers? Come on, what other plane was built around a gun...

29. techlord

techlord Active Member

Next I guess ya gonna say the F14D can out dogfight the thrust vectoring of the F22?

30. Jake

Jake Active Member

^^that is a negative, ghostrider. NOTHING can out dogfight an F-22, yet....

31. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Hell yeah. That has always been my favorite plane.

32. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I've always had a soft spot for the Swedish planes... particularly the 'Flying Barrel':
    http://www.vectorsite.net/avj29.html

Though the Draken and Viggen are beautiful as well, and the Gripen (JAS-39) is pretty impressive performance wise considering it was built in a country of ~9 million population. ;)

33. WJM

WJM Banned

I'm not going to say that....for REAL LIFE situations. I would very much like to see a 1 v 1 dog fight with equal pilots, F-14D with zero restrictions, against an F-22A....then switch the pilots out and go at it again.

The only real life training fight I've seen an F-14 in was against an F-16, in 2v2....I'm pretty sure the F-14's were the A variants and had the typical restrictions placed on them. (With the TF-30's in the older A's, you couldnt pull more than 5Gs, no snap turns, etc etc...some were limited from afterburner use unless from a carrier launch) B's had few restrictions, and as far as the information I have, no D's had restrictions.

While I realize games dont matter vs real life....I've never been shot down by an F-22A while in an F-14A/B/D. But then again, its a game. *shrug*

34. WJM

WJM Banned

If I had to choose only a Euro built figher....EF-2000 FTMFW.

35. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

another episode on now..hookin up a supra

36. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Im already there :eek:hnoes:

37. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

that chic of the week was alright......:ddirty: