Residential tinting recommendation

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rexrocker, Jul 25, 2007.

1. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Anybody have any recommendations for a residential tinting service? I have a few windows that need tinting in the house. If they also do automotive tint, then I can kill two birds with one stone.

Thanks.

2. WJM

WJM Banned

This guy is KILLER.

He's done my wifes car, my new car, SS's 2.5 RS, and another guys truck who used to work here. He aslo does ALL of the tint work for our dealership.

EXCELLENT work.

Lance Miller
    770-354-9970

3. RUTSPEED

RUTSPEED Member

Hey Clay,

My friend Corey Garcia who owns Garcia tinting should be able to help you out. He's done a few cars for me and does amazing work. I'm not 100% sure he does residential, but I really think he does.

He leases space from the Radio Active Stereo shops that are on the southside of town, so if you were to look up Radio Active in Locust Grove and call there, they usually know which shop he's at and which day. He also has a myspace page for the business, so you could look for that. But I'd give him a call because if he can't help you, he surely knows who can.

Hope that helps...

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

there is a tinting place on 41 across from the Saturn dealer. They are a little pricey, but do top notch work. They specialize in home/office AND auto.

I want to say it's Custom Sun Control. That's all I can remember. They did the tint on my VW and it was phenomenal.

5. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks guys...I'll check 'em out.

6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Are you wanting to tent more for privacy or, glare reduction or, to reduce heat?

I was thinking of going with ceramic tent to reduce heat so I can keep my place cooler.

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

Tinting any residential windows will void any and all window manufacturer,s warranties. But there are tons of people who do it. And I can't see ever having to need to use a raidential window warranty in the atl area.

Just keep it in mind if u ever wanna sell the house.

8. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Most of the windows in our house are tinted to reduce UV light exposure on our hardwood floors and cut down on heat. One of our large 36 x 72 windows broke (long story) and it was previously tinted. We have waited over a year to have the new one tinted and the fading on the wood stair rail is apparent. Pretty nuts...so, we're finally getting around to re-tinting, as well as add a few windows which didn't get done on the first go-around.

Good point, but, for us, with all floors being hardwood on the first level as well as some paintings and other valuable items in the path of direct sun, the benefit of window tint greatly out weighed the advantages of a warranty.

9. Jake

Jake Active Member

Don't disagree with u one bit. In fact if it were me, I'd have all my windows tinted, if not completely privacy. Just thought I'd mention it. Please post up what u wind up doing. I'm interested to see how much something like that runs.

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

+1 I'm about to have all my windows replaced. After that, I'll be inclined to put a little privacy glass on them to keep people from seeing my junk.

11. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Cool man, yeah I'll post up after we figure it out. I forget what the original job cost us...my wife has all the money. :D

:rofl:

12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

does this guy have a shop or does he just travel?

13. WJM

WJM Banned

Travel Hes got an Odesey van he works out of.

14. seeingred

seeingred Member

this guy is expensive. i just called and he wants $275. Anybody else has recommendations?

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I went with Hot Spot Tinting (http://www.hotspottinting.com/). They did my previous WRX and I was happy. I had them come out to the house last week and tint a few windows in the house as well as my car in my garage at the same time. Fantastic job all around and I would highly recommend them. Give them a buzz!

[​IMG]

16. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

That's who's done the windows on a multiple of my cars. I've always been happy with their work.

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

nice, pics of house ?

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I don't have any...but I can take some, if you'd like. The tint on the house is about the same percentage wise and has a slight reflective quality from the inside.

19. FACE

FACE Active Member

Dont be scared...do it your self...Home Depot

20. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:)I tinted my own windows. The back was the hardest but sooo worth it. plus I got it as dark as I wanted.

21. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

car Looks good clay.

I Like Pizza.. mmm

22. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Phanks dude.

I like PB & J.

23. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

anytime man. I will check it out more closely tomorrow.

I had PB & J today

24. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

so any high quality places? My tint is flaking so I am looking into a good place too and willing to pay a little more for higher quality product

25. seeingred

seeingred Member

hot spot

hot spot wants $219 to tint the windows. Any discount for wrxatlanta members there? So far, I have heard 2 members have had their windows tinted there. Anybody else?

26. seeingred

seeingred Member

hot spot

hot spot wants $219 to tint the windows. Any discount for wrxatlanta members there? So far, I have heard 2 members have had their windows tinted there. Anybody else?

27. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Not aware of any discounts. That's a decent price, as far as I'm concerned.