Looking For A Job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Greg, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

ok... As of recent events, I'm currently looking for a new job. I can stay where I am for a while if need be, but I'm 'in the market' rigt now. Most of my experience is working with composites, and as a mechanic for different types of race cars, but I also have experience in a lot of unrelated areas as well. So if you have anything or know of anything, let me know and I'll send you a copy of my resume and coverletter.

Thanks

2. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Air Force is always hiring.;) I can hire ya!lol C'mon Greg...Cross Into the Blue!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

i can get you a job at lowes or home depot.

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

haha damn, Shane. Thats the third time you've tried that with me ;)

If Lowes or HD will pay me right... maybe. But I seriously doubt they will ;)

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

since you have a degree you might try to go into management. thats around ~30K/yr+ depending on experience.

and honestly Deep Homo isn't worth the effort. and plus they probly won't like me too much when i tell them i'm going back to lowe's instead of transferring like i told them...

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

yeah... i guess its a possibility, but whatever I do. I'll end up taking a pretty big paycut.
    ok... I'm looking for two jobs now ;)

7. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

We are (Nike) opening a new store in Savannah if you want to move. But if you have never worked in retail I don't really recommend it. Retail=no life! But you can make 30-35 thou depending on experience

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, retail BLOWS. i was hoping to get out. but it looks like i'll be stuck at least until i'm done with school.

9. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Gran Turismo East was hiring last time I was overthere (about three weeks ago).

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Start your own business FTW! And hire me cause I need a job too. preferably something having to do with cars or video.

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Actually I'm just bustin your balls.lol I don't recruit "hard" because they come to me.lol G'luck with your job searching!!!

12. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

That is a kick ass shop!
    Good luck man!

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Kool, let me borrow bout 50-70g's to get started and I'll hire both of ya:)

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

If I lived close enough to GTE, I'd definately try it... I do have a degree, and plenty of experience for that...

15. Jake

Jake Active Member

Commute till u move. Honestly, I'd be really surprised if you find another job like that, that u have a degree for.

16. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

QuikTrip pays well.

17. Greg

Greg Active Member

How far is GTE from Gainesville...? Theres quite a few race shops around here that I'm looking at.
    Kinetic Motorsports
    Krohn Motorsports
    Ultima Racing
    Anderson Racing
    Robinson Racing

Plus, I'm also talking back and forth with Johnny O'Connell about traveling with the Pratt&Miller Corvette Racing team

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Good Luck Greg...I guess that there is no way to get back with your ex-employer @ Chateau Elan?.

Mark

19. jason

jason Member

Greg I'll hire you.

20. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Do they need a truck driver to drive the cars to the races? give em my name!!:ddirty:

21. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I don't know if they are hiring, but i know they are always looking for qualified people and you seem qualified. You might try Kinetic Motorsports off Friendship Road in South Hall Buford area. I had a friend who worked there but quit because he got tired of traveling all the time for races.

22. Greg

Greg Active Member

I've been talking back and forth with Kinetics, but we're still trying to agree on some terms ;) I have a quite a few friends over there, but I'm actually looking for something where I'm not on the road 40 weeks out of the year...

Jason... Doing what, and how much? Send me a PM :sx:

Another option I'm going to look into, is RNR Composites in Flowery Branch. They do some race car composites, but mainly government type contract work... If they'll pay me what I'm worth, I'm going to do that since its local, thats where most of my experience is, and theres no traveling.