Major toy recall underway / More Crap from China

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by baddriver, Aug 3, 2007.

1. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

2. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

and dont forget the poisoned ginseng

3. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yikes. We have 2 of those toys

5. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

counter fitting is so bad over there. i just saw this big thing on 60 minutes on that. i know the prescription drug makers over here are using rfi chips under the label to insure a real product made by them.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  6. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

So the emails like "V1agrA, V8isit Us Now, Lo4west Pri7ces Guar5anteed!" should be disregarded?!

7. Weapon

:rofl: I would hope so

8. jt money

9. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

wow thats crazy that they didnt test the paint

10. Weapon

whats crazy is my son was just playing with a few of them :eek3:

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

too bad online auctions don't consistently state country of manuf. At least in stores you can look.

12. Unregistered

Unregistered New Member

Nuts, we have 7 of the toys on the list, and my son played with 4 of them today...... I smell lawsuit.

13. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

That's horrible. I wonder how a factory could accidentally use lead based paint for children's toys. They probably damn well what they were doing.

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I think something like 13 chinese babies died from eating baby formula that had zero nutrition.

Also, wasn't it in China they were busted for putting cardboard in hamburger buns?

15. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

16. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

so far for china its
    1 star crash rating cars
    recall on tires that explode
    recall on poisonous toothpaste - i think it was antifreeze in it?
    fake disneyland amusement parks owned by the chinese government

i'm starting to feel ashamed to be chinese =P

17. jt money

i really hope your joking!?! if your not joking the news said today you should get your kid a lead test now. its a blood test. they said on the news you should have one done every six months anyways. there where also tommy the train and some fake jewelry thats for kids thats been recalled by other manufactures for traces of lead in the products. also this recall is only for products bought after may 1st of this year.

18. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Sadly enough, EVERYTHING comes from China:hsnono:

19. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Even Lincoln Logs?!?

20. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

21. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

22. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

On WSB radio they also mentioned Mattel toys from China being recalled due to magnets potentially falling off. The concern is is that if two magnets are swallowed that they may bind together in the digestive tract. I thought it would related to choking.

23. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

24. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  25. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

26. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

LOL
    sometimes blaming is easier than taking responsibility
    A manufacturer unless intentional or manufactured not to specs or using material out of specs is not to blame for a flaw in the design or material selection. Its also the responsibility of the designer or buyer to test the equipment to assure the mfg is in specs (unless otherwise noted in the contract of manufacturing that the manufacturer must meet certain specifications).

eq:
    if you buy groceries and then cook them for your guests and they get sick because it was not thoroughtly cooked or you left it out of the fridge too long - whos fault is it ?

27. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

I see the foreign manufacturers and importers both being at fault here, but if the manufacturers are intentionally producing out of spec and down-wright harmful goods like anti-freeze toothpaste that are wildly out of spec for sale in this country I'd say that the lions share of the blame is on the manufacturer.

There is a mixture of intintional and unintentional things that have sparked these recalls. To me uninterntional - neglegance and intentional = criminal act.