who's your fav. band?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jewels450, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I have so many bands that I love it's hard to choose one but I was curious what other's like to listen to.

Staind, Rise Against, Bullet for my Valentine, Thrice, Red, The Used, Cartel, Linkin Park, Korn, Senses Failed, Evanescence...

just to name a few.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

alkaline trio, coheed and cambria, thursday, armor for sleep...i could list bands all day

edit: I saw thrice in concert...pretty good show

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thats a broad question.. you'd have to split it into types...

I'm really into System of a down and have been on a huge Primus kick lately for starters though...

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Lately it has been:

311, Cypress Hill, Hoobastank, Incubus, Sevendust

5. heathbar

heathbar Member

Not my "all-time" favorites, but a few that I'm listening to now:

Taking Back Sunday, Plain White T's, Boys Like Girls, Anberlin, Augustana

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

311, Janes Addiction (or anything with Perry Farell) and Roger Waters

7. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Well...

I have two Butthole Surfers CD's that have pretty much stayed in the six disk CD changer of the old WRX I had and the STi I have now.

I listen to them all the time. It's kind of creepy actually. So I guess the could be my favorite band or I could just be really.. really.. really.. LAZY. hehe

In my old car I spent too much money on a nice stereo, and then started listening to lots of AM talk radio.
    <go figure>

At the house I find myself listening to more bluegrass and light classical stuff.

I think it's tough to single out a favorite band when I listen to different music for different moods.

I'm glad my wife has similar musical tastes, and that she's not a big fan of modern pop country.

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Tesito, Linkin Park, 311, Johnny Cash, and some hip hop....

9. cannarella

cannarella Member

DMB, Linkin Park, 311, Disturbed, Gn'R, Led Zeppelin, Green Day, U2, Pearl Jam, Gorillaz, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Blue Man Group, Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Drivin' N' Cryn', My Chemical Romance, and many more

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I like RUSH,Jeff Beck,Eric Clapton,Judas Priest,Metallica, and mainly hard rock and classic rock bands. I like some alternative and of course my old school rap.

Mark

11. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Rage, Beastie Boys, spiderbait, Leftover salmon, phish, Bob marley :)

12. Hazzard

Hazzard Member

old school Metallica (before the black album), Led Zepplin, The Doors, Otep, Korn, Mudvayn, System of a Down, Primus , Static X...just to name a few

13. wrxin8or

you would :squint:

14. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

did i miss something here?

15. wrxin8or

;)

16. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Beck, Stephen Malkmus, Beastie Boys, Spoon, Smashing Pumpkins, Silver Jews, Ween, Flight of the Conchords, oh and of course Falco

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

This is my kind of list :)

18. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

All time favs- Built to Spill, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Polysics, 311, The Dismemberment Plan

Recently- Mastodon(metal woo!), Pantera, LCD soundsystem, Elliot Smith, haha Flight of the Conchords- that's why they call them business socks baby http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GpTTf175aE.

19. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn I've seen Thrice more than any other band and they're great but I wouldnt say a favorite. Favorite bands now at least are probably the Replacements and the RX Bandits but it changes so often that I cant really name a single one. Been listening to the new Pumpkins album more than anything else so you might say Smashing Pumpkins.

20. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

LP,breaking benjamin, muse, the offspring, 30 seconds to mars, rage against the machine, incubus, AC/DC and this list goes on...
    lol this is what growing up in a bar does to ya

21. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Shit man I didnt grow up in a bar but I dont like any slow music at all. I'm all about some rock and roll that doesnt bore me to death and make me fall asleep.

22. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Lately, the iPod has been spinning Breaking Benjamin, John Mayer, James Morrison (not Jim from The Doors ;)), Santana, Jason Mraz, Train and Nickelback.

23. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Oh yeah, Tenacious D

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

25. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

This is not... the greatest song in the world, oh no, this is just a Tribute!

26. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

HELL YA! :wiggle:

27. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I like Tenacious D also...Jack Black kicks butt...

Mark:)

28. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

The Smashing Pumpkins. Hands-down.