Alex's 2004.5 STi! -- 12/15: S204 Performance Damper Ordered! :p

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Alex, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, neat idea. Sounds good!

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

so what does it sound like opened up?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Great...I can see about doing another video soon. Need to change locations if Imma stomp on it.

4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:bowdown: sweet sound!

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

it definitely is

hey alex, how about another super premium?

6. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

movie kinda makes me dizzy a bit.....definitely sounds good though!!

7. SHAZAAM!!!! looking and sounds good my friend! PS IM BACK!

8. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

More super premium please!

9. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Great clip. Nice idea with the camera work. I definitely like the look of the cobb cat-back. I'm tired of the single wall tip of the spt one that I have. This might be just what I am looking for. Does the mid pipe have the reducer to mate up to the cobb DP or is 3" all the way?

10. wrxin8or

it has the reducer...which sucks for alex because his godspeed dp is 3" the whole way. hes got a nasty exhaust leak right now.

11. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Cool video!

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Very nice! Sounds awesome man.

You rolling through stop signs?!?!? ;)

13. Alex

There's a reduction unforuntately. I may just hack it off and weld a 3" on there though and solve the problem completely. Thanks for the comments and no, I dont roll through stops :eek:

Anyways, so I picked up something new for the car today -- 4 new things actually, they're all related. Care to venture a guess? :) Ive been wanting these somethings for quite a while and I finally had to chance to grab 'em.

14. Deke

Deke Active Member

springs or coilovers?

15. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:dunno 4 things...tires? Wheels? Flux capacitor?

16. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

did you buy the CO's Doug was selling??

17. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

balls for your bumper.

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

[​IMG]

^^ According to Matt, with these you'll be able to graduate to racing at Road Atlanta.

19. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

ummm... is it shiny? what does it taste like? is it something that wrxn8tor would want to violate? (actually, that doesn't narrow it down) is it a red snapper? it is isn't it!!! cool! lucky...

20. wrxin8or

i hate you...i hate you so very very much

:wtc:

im gonna venture a guess and say some type of suspension part (springs or CO's)

21. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

2 pairs of high heels?

22. Greg

Greg Active Member

Your not getting your wheels back.... sorry.

23. Meredith

Meredith Banned

They are sitting in my living room, the COs from Doug. HOwever my custom pink rota g-force wheels are up for sale... I'll leave at that

24. JPM Coachworks

JPM Coachworks Registered Vendor<br/>Its delux son, delux. Supporting Member

Damnit!

25. Alex

Unfortunately no one guessed correctly :wtc:

Nice a clean hs install
    [​IMG]

Yes, that's a fan...its hot :)
    [​IMG]

bam! jdm
    [​IMG]

Regarding the wonderful gauges, thanks to JL889 and his new m3 :) I only have the boost hooked up currently (I have the OEM gauge and pod for sale). I'll be pulling his EGT sensor and oil gallery plug (hopefully its mounted there) this evening most likely.

Question is, whats the best way to plug a EGT bung? Id assume find the proper size stud, etc for it.

26. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Well, it depends on what size it was tapped. If it was 1/8" NPT (national pipe thread), then you can find a pipe plug to fit in it. Some gauges use 1/8" BSP (British Standard Pipe) thread, which isn't as common.

27. wrxin8or

what...no props to me for dealing with your bitchy ass while taking apart joes car?

lol...glad you got the boost hooked up

28. Jake

Jake Active Member

are they literally JDM? as in they are tilted to the right side seat? i know some of those dash mounted gauge pods turn the gauges one way or the other.

29. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Looks great man!!

30. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

looking good, did you t-into the vaccum lines or did you reuse existing vaccume line that was avalible from OEM boost gauge?

31. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

The gauges look tight Alex...

Mark

32. Alex

So I corded my front left this week, and while I had the car up in the air I found something interesting. When I originally read the RCE coil bind thread, I figured that may be the reason why the car feels like its bottoming out over everything -- well, I was correct. Both fronts are showing signs of it. I have a hunch that the RCE rears have put an extreme about of wear on the rear shocks given their slammin' height, so maybe those will be going soon as well. I have been dissatisfied with these springs since they first arrived and now I am tired of it. If you're curious why, just thumb through the journal...

I believe I will be purchasing pinks and solving my problem once and for all. I should have bought them 2-3 years ago when I wanted to instead of trying out 2 or 3 other suspension setups :lol:

[​IMG]

33. pEd

Wow.....

34. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

Are we looking at the stress marks on the under side of the springs?

35. wrxin8or

yeah so...that tire wear is due to this?

i still cant believe the -9deg of camber on the right rear didnt cord a tire first...lol

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Yo yo yo... I called them today, and they are mailing out some version 2 front springs when the next batch comes in.

37. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^^ Just ordered some from GTWORX yesterday... they told me they were in stock. Who'd you talk to? Myles? Someones not getting the right info... hopefully its you and my springs are on there way like Myles promised.... :)

38. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

it was such a hype on Iwsti.com when these came out, man are they good at marketing.

39. Alex

It very little to do with them pushing the product IMO, everyone just hopped on the bandwagon and word of mouth spread like wildfire...

Sonic, I was given the run around so many times from them (Myles) that its impossible for me to judge when a shipment will actually arrive to them and be sent to me :)

40. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Alex, since you did the :lol:....you need to add it now!

:lol:

41. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

You guys got me worried.... I contacted Myles and minutes later I got my tracking number from Fedex. The springs are on there way. So.. they are in stock. You and Brian should givem shit and get your replacements. Alex, if your not impressed with there product at least you'll have a new set to sell and get the money for your pinks!

42. Alex

Im glad your tracking # works, I was given quite a few dead ones :)

43. Lutfy

Lutfy Member

Alex have you looked into KW V1s? Seems like a good compromise plus they have lifetime warranty

44. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Alex, I seriously think you should hold out on the Pinks until the TiC guys finishes experimenting with their custom AST coilover setup with sortments of springs, I have high hopes for those guys.

45. Alex

I was looking at the v3s, but Ill check those out as well :)

Definitely, with RCE sending me front replacements I'll certainly try them out again. If I can roll the rear fenders I dont think it will matter anymore...unless the unusually low rear is overstressing the rear shocks (which Im sure it is). BTW, has TIC made any progress on that? They had the idea awhile ago and I havent really followed up on the thread.

46. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

TiC rules....buy anything and everything from them!!

47. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

check it out here is the link I am watching them closely, hopefully they make something thats comfortable for the street and adequate on the track and of course more importantly with a TiC price tag:sx:

Oh man, I just now noticed that sig

48. pEd

^^ told ya we were coming after you....\
    / threadjack

49. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

well i try to register with my email but it seems they are NOT willing to send me the temporary password, checked my junk mail folder too

50. Alex

Sounds like an excuse to me :)