whats up guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HondatoSubaru, Aug 25, 2007.

1. HondatoSubaru

HondatoSubaru New Member

hey wrx atl! the WRX has been my favorite car for a long ass time now. the boxer engine makes my skin crawl. i love it. i dont have a WRX yet but im workin on it. i have a honda prelude now and im trying to warm my parents of the idea of trading it in to get a WRX. when i get the WRX the only things im really interested in doing to it is exhaust and intake. there are so many though. which ones do you guys prefer? i have a greddy exhaust on my prelude and i love it. but i dont know if its the same for a WRX. are there any things i need to look out for when getting a WRX? and is there a silencer on the turbo when it stock? cause i deffinetly wanna hear the turbo when i switch gears. well thanks for the help guys.

2. caseyfoster

caseyfoster Member

You will not stop at the exhaust and intake. I promise :)

3. Meredith

Meredith Banned

cai intake doesn't do much for the wrx especially without a tune....

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

there are no "silencers" on turbos

5. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Welcome. Just remember these cars will take your $$$, and keep you wanting more.

6. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Hey Man, Welcome. Good Luck With The Wrx

7. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

welcome aboard, and good luck with getting the wrx

a few things to help you spend your scratch in the right places for these cars...
    NO: CAI, SRI, BOV
    YES: F&R sway bars, turbo-back exhaust, enigine management, boost & oil gauges.

There's a lot more, but that's the safe start.

8. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

welcome....tbe and a tune will be a great start. What year do you plan on getting?

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Welcome to WRXatlanta
    I am assuming you are referring to the blow off valve. The stock unit is quiet since it is the recirculating type, which in my opinion, provides the best performance. You could make it louder with a cold air intake, or by upgrading to an after market BOV that vents to the atmosphere. The venting type will provide no performance gains and might actually make you loose performance.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

welcome aboard. its good to see another enthusiast! Before doing any mods to it I would recommend learning a lot more about the car. Even in stock condition it is a very well built, decent handling, fast machine. Also, learning how to drive it will do much more for you than any other performance part you bolt onto it. Look into a few driving schools. Here is a great one that a lot of our members have taken and it will stay with you no matter what car you drive. http://www.siegelracing.com/ IF you have any other questions let us know. Be safe out there. Keep the racing off the streets and again welcome to WRX Atlanta.

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

sooooo, what's the difference between a car and a woman then? lol

12. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Not much.:rofl::rofl:

13. WJM

WJM Banned

One has a hole that babies magically pop out of about 9 months after sexual intercourse with. The other, does not.

14. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

he may be talking about the stock intake silencer...

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thats what I think, which if that is the case, then yes there is a silencer you can remove from the fender which "quiets" the intake some.

16. 1naplay

1naplay Member

welcome