"newbie" (sortof) bout to be a no-bee

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fieldodreams79, Sep 7, 2007.

1. i am unemployed as of today.
    i will have to sell the scoobie.
    never really posted much....sorry.

one day, i'll have another. one a little cheaper maybe...
    any suggestions for a fun ride (scoobie or not) that is a bit (well alot) cheaper than an STI (won't be nearly as fun, i know). my dad has (forever) a '52 MGTD so i've always loved roadsters but if someone tells me to buy a miata, well, i'll have to buy a scarf to go with it...i know, they are great little cars.

anyone also know anyone who would want a totally stock 04 silver STI w/ 48K miles? only "mods" are boost gauge, pioneer stereo and the console deal. less than 10K on Hawk HPS pads. rear struts need to be replaced. i'd hate to pay to put new struts on when someone will just take them off, ya know.

i haven't tracked it, but been in the mountains (anyone want to go anytime soon before i sell????)
    holla
    jfield

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Sorry to hear about you losing the car. You are more than welcome to come to any and all meets no matter what you drive :)

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ill ask around, best of luck!

Did you consider a solstice ?

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

F the solstice as a daily driver. A used Miata is far more functional and, arguably, more fun to drive, if you're going that route. You could also consider a used WRX, RSX, SRT4 (blasphemy, I know), the Cobalt SS isn't a bad little package. Might find a used Mini S too...The Mazdaspeed 3 is also a ridiculous bargain...

5. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

You could always find a used integra GSR for a good price, and they are a great car fun, pratical, and fuel efficient. Also aftermarket performance parts are WAY cheaper than for the STI. If and when the motor goes you can get a jdm motor for a few thousand dollars. I am in the process now of getting a jdm gsr motor, tranny, and ecu for my '92 teg gsr for $2700 shipped.

6. cool ya'll...thanks.
    besides the obvious, i liked the STI and EVO because they have 4 doors (i've got a kid). i tried to convince my wife it was a "family sedan". she's too smart.

no SRT, ever....miata is an option and i'd love a an old Mini. also like the Integras.

o well....i'll see what kinda job i get and run from there. could get a job where i could walk to work; therefore i could be buying a "toy". we'll see. i'll still lean on ya'll for support.

7. ferrellb35

ferrellb35 Member

i had an 88 integra and loved it until i got my subie that is

8. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

+1 for a miata. Best bang for the buck. Their pretty slow but fun cars to drive.

9. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

http://www.wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15436

SVX with a WRX 5 speed swap, only $3750.

10. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

My friend has a 91 miata with rims, cf hood, body kit, nice paint job, and system. The engine has around 95k on it, not bad for a 16 year old car. He turbo charged it twice but due to financial reasons had to turn it back to stock both times. I think he's selling for about $3500.

11. yeah, i've been leaning towards the miatas, but i think my wife would divorce me.
    the svx sounds good...
    i just got to find a job first....who knows, maybe i'll be able to keep my scoobie. i've always been an optimist.

12. and i'll let anyone know if i'd be interested in these cars....got to get settled ova here.

13. socrates42

socrates42 Member

how much are you looking to get for your sti? and what is your field of work?

14. i'm not too sure about how much to sell the sti for....was thinking of asking 24K, but i have not gone too far with research because i've been looking for a job.

construction management is what i do and i have a interview next week with a big GC from ATL about possible helping with some jobs in athens, where i live now......
    SO I MAY NOT HAVE TO SELL AFTERALL! <don't get your hopes up, field!>

15. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Good luck with the interview :)

16. thanks, man!

17. socrates42

socrates42 Member

hope you get the job!

18. FACE

FACE Active Member

good luck bro hope you get the job!!!

19. thanks...lunch interview on the morrow in ATL...so if nothing else, i get a "free" lunch. then it is off to Subi of G for a "checkup."