GA License Suspensions and Revocations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FACE, Sep 18, 2007.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

I did a search and did not find this info...

So... is for those of us who drive our fine machines the way they cry to be driven...

who need a reminder...

And a moment of silence.......................................................................................................

for those of us who have had to answer to the man.....
    bowdown::wtc:

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/DLdata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Hmmmm. I guess marijuana is not a controlled substance.

3. WJM

WJM Banned

controlled? what?
    there is control? where?

4. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Love what you do, do what you love.

5. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Good Info Man.

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

^ You taking notes on that...?

7. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

You just get suspended? I was suspended for a complete load of bs and got it back this week! It feels so nice to drive again.

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

No I was ticketed for 78 in a 55...cop was just doing his job...but come on how many times are you passed in a 55 zone while you doing 70+.....ALL DAY

I was the only one on the road and the officer was a bit rude...I don't expect them to be happy go lucky but as I am a productive, tax paying, polite citizian, I believe he could have been a bit nicer...

Sorry to all those how have been much more unlucky...;)

9. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Did he hit you with pop or laser?

I hate being the lone turkey on the highway when I'm doing occasional graveyard work. It makes the trip soooo much longer.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  10. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

It's always good info to know. even if it is a little late for some of us.

I thought for sure I was going to get to a ticket the other morning with my sister.
    First time I have ever gotten a warnign in my life! :sx:

Stupid illegeal right turn :squint:

11. scooby_snacks

The cop who got me was a rude son of a bitch too. I was incredibly nice to him and did everything I could to make his job easier but alas he was an asshole. I saw him around campus aswell recently, but I let it go... would have ended up badly otherwise, probably on the floor with 10,000 volts going through me :D

You're lucky about the warning, I wish they would give more of them. In England you would nearly always get a warning unless you're doing 100, but then again we had to deal with speed cameras.

12. scooby_snacks

One more thing.... Is it just me or are the speed limits here vastly under rated? In the sense that 55 on a 5 lane motorway is ridiculous. No one ever drives it, it just means when you get caught you get fucked to a much greater degree. I swear the limits here were designed when cars could only get up to 55. 70mph on all motorways would be much more civilized, add some organization onto the speeds of each lanes and we'ld be sorted.

I don't even remember being taught explicitly that the inside lanes were for faster driving and passing, which would explain the amount of people cruising in the second lane who you end up having to undertake.

Bah! Just scrap the US system and bring other the one from back home! Everyone was so much better at driving!

13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I got a 80 in a 55 (25 over) ticket on 85S and it was rush hour traffic.... I was just sitting in the HOV lane with cruise on 80 and he picked me out of about 10,000 other cars that were going faster...

14. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

That's because your the one that stood out and grabbed his attention.

15. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

same thing happened to my sister in her mini by AMS. Sucks it had to be you though.

16. Key phrase...... it's not so much that the traffic laws are screwed up as it is the drivers..... I am constantly amazed at how stupid some people are and how completely oblivious they can be while piloting a 4000lb battering ram around the city......

But I know what you're saying..... Europeans, by and large, got it right somewhere along the line..... despite all the congestion and chaos, everything flows remarkably well..... watching people drive in London or Rome is like watching stage performer juggle chainsaws and babies; you cringe cuz you just know something horrible is going to happen, but somehow it never does.....

17. scooby_snacks

The answer is require MOT's and make the driving requirements much tougher. Fast safe drivers aren't a problem, shit dangerous drivers are. People who drive 100+ in their Altima's and Maxima's thinking they're the shit swerving in and out of lanes. Give people rules, on how to drive well. It seems that alot of the time good drivers are penalised more than the shitty ones.

Before pulling someone over it would be nice if they observed how safe and controlled they were at speed. If you drive like an efficient perfect German then be free. If you're like Robert Downey junior back in the 90's then get arrested.

18. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

Time to delete the wing, you ricer. lol (joke people)