So my gf drove off with

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nsvwrx, Sep 27, 2007.

1. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

the gas pump hose still in the car.. she went back to the gas station and told them.. they asked for her info.. she said im sorry and left.. ( they didnt get her insurance info or anything)
    anyidea what ther going to do?

2. WJM

WJM Banned

thats bad news.

3. heathbar

heathbar Member

Way to stick it to "the man."

4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

They probably won't do anything... unless they have some sign that says if you break it you buy it. lol

I would think that the manufacturers of these pumps take into account this type of thing and make a "breakaway" type handle. It should be easy for them to replace.

5. V_WRX

V_WRX Member

Yeah, the hoses have a breakaway section that's easy to replace. When i worked at racetrac we didn't do anything to the people that broke the hoses, so i think you're fine.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I hope you a least LOL at her for being that dumb???

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeah, she got a picture too.. cant wait to see it..

its good to know.. the damn owner was bitching the hell out of her.. he was like you owe me 300 $ and all that.. give me your ssn and insurance info.. she was like im really sorry that i broke your pump.. but im going to go now. .. ehh lets hope nothing happens

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol. if she didnt give them her info she should be good then unless they got the license plate number. I wouldnt recommend she go back to that station.

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

she talked to them, i mean they prob have a recording.. so they couldnt really get her for running away..

10. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

:rofl:

11. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

LOL wow that sucks

12. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

which gas station was it? At QT we do nothing about it. We just lol at the people.

13. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:rofl: that's great! I wonder how often this happens

14. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

chevron

15. Demo24

Demo24 Member

well....did she give it back?

16. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

i wish i could see someone driving with a damn gas pump hose hanging from their car.LOL good job.

17. jayj713

jayj713 Member

haha this actually happened to me once. Me and my friend were sitting outside chipotle at johns creek and i see this civic turn a right onto 141 from mcginnis ferry. And it was kinda dark out but i coulda sworn i saw something sticking out where the gas tank should be. Well later i was leaving the shopping center and i saw a gas handle and most of the tube just laying there in a parking spot and i was like... :rofl:

18. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

yeh, she went back ...

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, from the title I was really expecting "drove off with my car" to follow. Thank god that's not the case.

Garden State...anyone?

20. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

22. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

that is actually Alex driving in the above picture...why he had someone take pictures of him is beyond me though...

23. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I believe those pictures were the primary evidence that got him convicted:eek:hnoes:

24. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Haha

25. AK_Raptor

AK_Raptor Member

Happened to my friend once and he just reconnected it but a cop saw it and impounded his car