hq cable shopping

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mad Mallard, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

I need some brands other than Monster Cable so I can crash Froogle for cheapstuff

here's my list so far, help me expand it. Maybe you guys find it useful later too.

nxg
    phoenix
    belkin
    nexxtech (circuit city brand)

Monoprice
    Pearcable
    Transparent Cable

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

monoprice.com

/thread

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

What he said! Might try looking for other brands on tiger direct and new egg.

5. Mad Mallard

I was mostly just trying to assemble a good list of the choices out there.

ah, another 4 channer i see. Good pricing, but I can find no critical data about the manufacturing of monoprice's inhouse cables though, anyone know anything about em?

Geeze ped, the first one is @#$# Silver cable, and the 2nd one is more like hose! O_O;;

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Have you gone over to AVSForums.com? There are lots of threads about the idoicy that is the high end cable market. Latency, reliability, shielding, etc. seems to be about the same no matter what cable you buy, within reason...

7. Mad Mallard

oh i know what specs i'm looking for, and I know how much markup there is in at least Monster Cable cause I used to be a sales manager for Circuit City back in the day.

Froogle is really helpful in finding some steep discounts, tho. ;p

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

what exactly are you looking for? overpriced bullshit cables?

honestly if it's a digital signal (ie HDMI), the cheaper the better because they are all the same.

9. Mad Mallard

well maybe i'm just looking for more than one choice from a brand i've never tried before and can't find info about beyond one vendor outlet...

or maybe I'm looking to make sure the cables i need are rg6UQ spec with a quad braid because the environment has some EM issues i'm worried about, or maybe i have some vintage tube amps that can show their transformer's age when used with crummy cables. Maybe I'm going to use them in a harsh environ so i'll need something with a tough jacket.

at any rate, I figured I ask everyone for different brands, look into them all myself, and then share my results with everyone in case they find it useful.:wavey:

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

sure, with analog cables knock yourself out. just remember, if you pay more you'll almost certainly convince yourself they sound better :)

11. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

12. Mad Mallard