Looking for new job, please help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nicad, Oct 1, 2007.

1. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Hey guys,

Got out of the military back in May and moved back down here. Found a temp job to hold me over while I look for something more permanent. Had two interviews up at anheuser busch in cartersville but didn't get the job for some reason. :wtc:

Anyway, I haven't had much luck and thought someone here might have some ideas. My background:
    I was a nuclear machinist mate in the navy. served time on a fast attack submarine doing mechanical maintenance, operations, and water chemistry (nuclear and steam plant). Have experience with anything mechanically related, including maintenance. anything from compressors, pumps, refrigeration, heat exchangers, turbines, pneumatics, etc. you name it I probably did it. also have lots of training in basic AC/DC theory, motors, etc. I provided chemistry controls and radiation protection for the crew as well.

going to throw this out here and see if anyone might have any leads for me. I'm getting shot down at google for this job ( http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=77174 ) even though I fit the requirements exactly and am being referred by employees, so I've been running into some bad luck.

if anyone on here could help out a fellow subaru guy I would appreciate it. :bowdown:
    resume available to anyone who asks

-justin

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Best of luck in your search my friend!

3. Kolgoth

Kolgoth Supporting Member

Ya - Google's a funky place like that... Their hiring process is...strange... I've got a friend who went there straight from college and even she's like...ya...it's weird... She moved out to Mountain Valley as a developer though, so *shrug*...

Good luck on the hunt though man - I know it can be rough - been there for awhile before...especially this time of year it's rough... Like I said, good luck, I'll let you know if I find anything up your alley though. Any salary req's you're lookin for?

4. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

thanks guys. yeah I know, I have no idea why they wouldn't even consider me for the position. I'm a perfect match for it

probably around 50k if possible. budweiser would have been about 70-80k with overtime

5. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Are you willing to travel? And I mean travel as in 80-90% travel.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

possibly. I wanted to avoid it as much as possible. If I wanted to travel I'd have lots of job possibilities in a lot of areas, from traveling radcon tech doing outages to working on offshore oil rigs.

what did you have in mind?

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

well my luck is getting better. budweiser called me today and I might be getting that third interview, which means the job essentially.

hooray 80k/year!

8. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Congrats on the 3rd round. I work in field service for a turbine OEM. We have a big hiring push going on right now (though not much locally). Many offices let you live whereever you'd like. Sounds like it's not for you. Let me know if you're interested.

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

yeah I had a lot of job offers for field service tech, but the travel just sucks for me. recently married and about to buy a house. one of the reason I got out of the navy (being away from home, etc)

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just a little update. had my final interview at budweiser today and I got the job.

free medical benefits, $26/hr, all the overtime I care to work, TWO FREE CASES OF BEER A MONTH, etc, etc

:)

11. schneid

schneid Member

congrats!

hooray beer!
    [​IMG]

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:banana:

congrats dude!!!! Let's pop open one of those cases of beer to celebrate!

(when you get it, of course)

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

beer!

time to go house shopping. :)

I'll definitely be hosting subaru shit and install parties at my house. first to buy is a LIFT for the garage