2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Bump on my question I need to schedule the days off!

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

They usually do a Friday night kick off party; rumor is that it will be SOG!

3. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

up to 98!

info from those who missed the e-mail

4. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Holy crap people...2 more...sign up NOW!!! Of those currently viewing the thread...ridinobryan and Superdude, are you signed up?!?! :D Adam? Socrates42? Umm...what's the delay? :banana:

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

E-thugs in the hiiizzzz-ouse

6. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I'm in.

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

awesome! up to 99!

BTW: The first post in this thread still says limited to 125 participants.

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I should cancel just to f*** up brians count

9. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I wouldn't do that...would you want to piss this guy off?

[​IMG]

10. wrxin8or

umm....he looks like hes enjoying that a little too much

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:rofl:

yay for chipotle catering!

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

He was imitating you. :coolugh:

13. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

14. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

A friend and I will be traveling down from Lexington, KY for this! Can't wait :)

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Man almost as hardcore as me! Trust me Atlanta Region will put on a good autox and I'm sure Randy and SOA will put on a good event!

16. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Yea I'm definitely looking forward to it. We have 4 regions within an hour, and all of them do a really nice job :) I'm curious to see how a HUUGE region does a big event like this!

I'll be in DS with my bone stock wagon (on some Z214's) and my friend will be in his SM WRX on V710's. I'd imagine that competition is pretty tight in SM especially

17. Meredith

Meredith Banned

This is actually going to be slightly smaller event for our region; we typically get around 170 to 220 entrants for our points events. I think Randy is capping this event around 110 entries. I took my dad upto a event in KY at the Papa johns stadium last summer, fairly decent region. If you happend to be at that event, I had the silver sti with pink rotas!

18. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Holy ship!!! look at that wheel travel!!! no wonder my car caught so much air at the night event. I only have about 3" of travel. I'm in the market for coilovers....

19. wrxin8or

I thought you had coilovers mike

20. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

I think he means ones that don't suck. ie. tein flexs

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:keke:

22. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Hey the car i drove for nationals had flexes on them.... granted they were revalved but the car took home a 9th place (out of 47) trophy in open STU and a 2nd place trophy in STUL!

FYI the car that got 1st and 2nd in open STU had KW V3 on it!

23. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

25. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

26. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

AWESOME!!! :banana: Nice work to those that signed up...for the rest of you, this guy wants to talk to you...

[​IMG]

27. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Acutally I think these two want to talk to you....

[​IMG]

28. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

29. Matt

don't forget there is a waiting list up to 110!

30. Meredith

Meredith Banned

31. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Hate to break up the fun, but I have a question about this event. I just registered yesterday (first race too), and might have to go out of town that weekend. After digging around a bit, I need to contact the hosting organization to see about a refund, etc., and I can't seem to find that info. Any help would be appreciated.

Carry on.

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

about 1 page ago....

33. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks a bunch!

As of now, tho, I'm planning on being there. I won't know until a couple of weeks if I have to bail.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  34. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

35. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

^hahaha, glad i signed up yesterday though.

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

37. lostinthewoods

38. lostinthewoods

39. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

what are we talking about again :lol:

40. Matt

for the people who have to cancel. Please do so asap so that we may get the other people on the waiting list verified that they are signed up!

thanks

41. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Ok, so in preparation for this event (remember, coming all the way from Lexington, KY lol..) I had a fun run autocross today to test out the new tire setup for DS :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fits on a wagon decently enough.. no detrimental rubbing issues :D

Oh, and the pinch isn't even that bad! My tire mounter is amazing.. :bowdown:

[​IMG]

42. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

cool, which compound did you get?

43. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

C70 :)

I actually forgot to take a picture of everything mounted on the car today.. I will make sure I grab a couple of pics at next weekend's autocross. It looks really good!

44. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Holy crap. Way to drop the bomb on us... (register for the biggest suby event of the year, join WRXAtlanta, and buy R comps all at once)

Looks like you actually know what your doing! Do you have a introduction story or something that we can check out? Have you owned a AWD car before? Do tell.

And congrats on showing up all the pu$$ies that aren't doing the challenge!!!

45. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Haha.. I wouldn't go THAT far :rofl:

I have done about 30 autocrosses so far I guess (in the past 2 years I've been doing this).. Almost all of them have been in low HP FWD Hondas. I just got my first Suby of my own about 3 weeks ago. I did one autocross on the crap all seasons, to get a baseline, and then today was my first time with it on R-comps.

I do have a *little* experience with my friend's modded WRX on V710's (who is also coming down from Lexington with me), but it's tough to learn a car when you aren't driving it every single day.

I guess I will post an introduction somewhere around here :p Not much of a story though.. just some young kid that has owned a bunch of junky Hondas :naughty:

I lived in Atlanta (Peachtree City to be specific) for about 8 years, so I enjoy going down there whenever I have a chance!

46. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

what Hondas did you have? I have a CRX for a DD. It's fun because it's sooo slow I have to drive the hell out of it. I like it. I'm thinking about bringing it down to an AutoX just for fun.

You're at a disadvantage over a newbie now becuause you have to UNlearn a FWD before you can learn how to drive an AWD. They're really different in an AutoX....

But you have experience in reading cones, so you're half way there! Good times!!!

47. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

I will make an intro thread later tonight with pics of my past cars..

I just have that whole turbo lag and traction thing to get used to :p But yea, I've found that getting the "autocross mentality" is half the battle!

48. FACE

FACE Active Member

So since there is 85 pages in this thread this question may have been answered...but Are we to get magnetic material for our door numbers? I read somewhere that they suggest we do? any help please?

49. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

You'll need to bring you're own. I'm sure we could get something going if enough people are interested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  50. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

It is highly recommended that you pick up 2 - 12x12 sheets of magnetic material for the autocross vinyl magnets. If you do not, you can simply place the vinyl on your door, but I thought it was nice to have it on a magnet, for easy removal, and the ability to keep it as a souvenir.

The cheapest solution would be to get together and order a big roll of magnetic material from mcmaster.com.