2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

Know anywhere local to get some?

2. Meredith

Meredith Banned

you can buy some sheeting at Michael's but it's 3x the cost of mc-master carr or grainger. Also the stuff sold at michael is really thin sheeting is prone to being blown off during the autox.

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Thanks!!!

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I am in for the sheeting GB if we do that. I actually have some 12 x 12 sheets from two years ago, but would like to keep those...

5. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

What I've always used in the past is those magnetic vent covers that can be found in the HVAC section of Home Depot/Lowe's. It's about $5 for three 10x18 sheets (or something like that size), white in color.

Type up some huge numbers/letters in Word, print them out, and use your arts+crafts skills :p

I've never had a problem with any of that magnet material falling off at speed. The one time I actually bought REAL magnet material (in bulk off ebay), I cut a few numbers out of it, and they completely sucked.

6. BelvnAWD

Any word yet of an agenda for the event? What are the "surprises" that have been hinted at, etc?

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

^get to drive the new STi if you when maybe...

8. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Hobby Lobby also has magnetic sheets.

9. cannarella

cannarella Member

Can we use blue painters tape and just tape on numbers?

10. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ Great Idea! That would almost match my paint!:rofl:

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

They will provide a paper number card at the event. The Number card will need to be taped to the car (painters tape is excellent since it doesn't leave a sticky residue on the car), unless you have magnets made up with a sticky side (waste of money) for one time use.

12. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Atlanta Region only provides number for Novices at regualr points event. SOA will be providing numbers and they are not a sheet of paper, they infact are stickers.

13. FACE

FACE Active Member

well shat....I guess I will have to get the magnets.....

14. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Boo.. can we get dimensions of the card? I'd like to have magnet material ready.

15. Meredith

Meredith Banned

It's not a card... we typicaly do cards for novice numbers for regular SCCA events. Subaru usually provides 12in X 12in stickers for numbers for the challenge.

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

here is a picture of what the 12" x 12" stickers that they provide look like:
    [​IMG]

You can either stick it on your window, car, or a magnet.

17. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Hope to get a number sticker and slap it on a magnet

do we get to pick a number?

18. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

it appears that the numbers will be automatically assigned.

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

other regions got to pick their numbers..we should be able to as well this year....it's a new thing they are working on

20. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

21. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

That guy looks familiar

22. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

[​IMG]

:banana:

Heck yeah!!!

23. Brian

Brian Active Member

I just bought enough magnetic material for myself and 4 others. I'll be bringing it with me to the event. Just PM if you want dibs on a piece. If you want to reimburse me, it would be $3. :)

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^ where did you pick it up from?

25. Brian

Brian Active Member

mc-master carr? It was Meredith's recommendation and they F$%^n rock. I ordered it from work yesterday afternoon and it was on my doorstop this morning, w/ only $5 shipping. Booyah! I also ordered 200 pairs of earplugs (33db) for just $27. Best deal o' the century for me.

26. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Challenge Numbers

PM Opie on NASIOC. He opened up Gainesville to requests for specific numbers. He would probably do it for the Atlanta Challenge as well.
    Otherwise they are assgned at random. The placards are 12 inches by 12 inches and they do have adhesive on them. You will get them Saturday morning at registration at Turner Field.
    Randy

27. Brian

Brian Active Member

OK, all my extra magnetic pieces are spoken for.

28. Matt

PM'd

Thanks Randy!!

29. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Is it a "sticker" or like a vinyl kinda decal that won't leave crappy glue behind? Like the wrxatlanta decals.

30. Matt

It's a true sticker....That's why they are saying get magnets so that it doesn't leave the residue behind...you can also re-use said stickers for other auto-xes....

:D

31. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Any updates on picking your own numbers?

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

For gainesville i just PMed opie on nabisco

33. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the sticker leaving behind any residue. Mine came off cleanly from the Gainesville challenge. As for re-usability at other auto-x events, these stickers don't have class information on them, just numbers.

34. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

If you don't run them with magnets, you could peal the backing off the 4 corners only when applying the sticker to your car. I did that at the last Atlanta challenge event and it held on fine.

35. RRSCR

Subaru Challenge Door Placard

It is a vinyl sticker. The vendor says it will not pull clear coat or paint off the car. My advice is to either stick it on a window or get the magnetic material to stick it on.

Look for an email blast soon from the Subaru Challenge site soon. We have the details nailed down for the Friday night welcome reception at SOG and some more information about Saturday at Turner Field.
    Randy

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

As for the stickers, you can put them on your rear windows if you don't want to put stick them to your car and don't have magnets

37. BelvnAWD

You can also use blue painters tape to tape them.

38. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Theoretical question..how would co-driving be handled? Any differently than a regular event?

39. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT

I have added the email announcement to the first post. I believe someone had already posted it on this board but I have not had the time to look for the original poster. Please let me know who you are with a link to your post and I will give you credit for it.

40. RRSCR

Co Driver

Mere, do you want to weigh in on this? I think the answer is, just like an regular event.
    Randy

41. Meredith

Meredith Banned

It will be handled the same as a points event; two driver cars will be gridded up seperately with the two driver cars running first in a heat and then halfway through the run the second driver in the two driver cars will be cycled in. If you plan on having more than 2 people in your car (ie two in BSP and two in SM or two in AS and two in ASL) please let the registration team know so run groups can be planned accordingly.

42. FACE

FACE Active Member

I got a pm back stating #'s will be randomly assigned...

43. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Gotcha, that's all I needed to know. Thanks!

44. Deke

Deke Active Member

I just got an email giving details on all the going-ons with the challenge. There were no dates on it, though it made it sound like it the SOG chipotle thing was this weekend. That's not the case right? I just dont want to miss free burritos :)

45. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

It will be the night before the challenge.

46. RRSCR

2008 WRX Project Car

Somebody needs to teach me how to post a link some day. Milo, can you pull it over for me? Opie is goint to put it on there tonight. Thanks.

Check out the NASIOC Atlanta Subaru Challenge thread to see a picture of a project car that will be running in the Atlanta event.
    Randy

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Will do

48. Matt

it's not available yet..

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

duh! ;)

50. Matt