316 and 85 north..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Eco Auto Clean, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

has anyone been on the new flyover they finally opened up???? Its amazing...316 now has its own exit to pleasant hill with out 85....anyway if you live over on the 316 side of things you know what i'm talking about and how much this is gona help the flow of traffic!! Yay!

2. I'm glad they finally got that taken care of, but I know there's still a little ways to go...... IIRC the same company is redoing the Pleasant Hill/Buford Hwy intersection..... but the 316 design was crazy to begin with..... why you would empty a state highway into the hammer lane of the interstate is just beyond me...... but hopefully this redesign will help traffic out a bit.....

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

They finally ed opened up a third lane till the Mall of Georgia exit on the northbound. Once you reach the exit the lane becomes exit only. Traffic on 85 north sucks. I hope this helps out a lot.

4. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Wait wait wait.... they've opened up the 316 joining onto the 85 properly now?? Does this include the Southbound side too? I avoid driving that route to Atlanta specifically due to the bottleneck merging with the 85.

5. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

now all they need to do is get the timing of the surface street traffic lights to be less retarded and it'll be all good.

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

southbound stuff hasn't been done yet..... Heres a pic to what it should be like when they are done. Projected end date is 12.08 - more info here

[​IMG]

7. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

Bah! Got me excited then!

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I predict some future lane jumping coming, makes me love my turbo