Batlground gets it done.

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by BKiller, Oct 19, 2007.

1. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the guys at Batlground for the work they did on my Saabaru yesterday. Brandon installed my up-pipe and TBE and he was a real professional. After observing him working on my car and the care and knowledge he showed, I would have no problem letting him perform any job on my car. If you need work done to your car, he's the man to get it done.
    The Siegel did an awesome job pro-tuning the car after the install and all I can say is "wow". This guy knows these cars! :bowdown: He was very helpful in explaining what was being done to my car and why he was doing it. I now understand why he has the following that he does.

Short Version: If you need work done to your car, call Mike at Batlground and make an appointment. You won't be sorry.

(Edited to fix spelling of some tuners name...)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

It was nice to meet you. I'm guessing you were happy with the way the car drives.

Matt

3. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah, good meeting you too. Yep. The car is like new now...

4. savsuby

savsuby Member

Scott is the best. He tuned my car and I love it.

5. schneid

schneid Member

I am ashamed to still be running the stock uppipe....what a bottleneck, lol. The install seems intimidating though...

6. slowwrx

If I recall correctly Batlground is very reasonable on upipe installs.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Uppipe installs are nothing...just gotta know how to do it.

The Siegel is the best....you can't go wrong with him.

8. schneid

schneid Member

exactly...and I dont know how to do it, lol.

I've heard everything from 'its a piece of cake' to 'its a nightmare'. Ive heard that you need to remove your turbo and that you dont need to remove your turbo. Some say you dont have to remove w/ a flex UP and some say you dont have to remove regardless of UP design. Ive been quoted $350 by a reputable installer on this forum (no thanks). Ive seen a few how-to's and they all involved removing the turbo.

Any links to the definitive how-to UP install?

no intention to threadjack so just post a link and I'll shut up :)

9. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Brandon took my turbo out to do the job. It looked like one of those things were you would waste more time working around the turbo then if you just took it out.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've done three uppipe installs in like an hour each. The last took longer as I did it differently than normal. The turbo doesn't come off.

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

When I had mine done they took off a section of the header instead of removing the turbo... looked a lot easier.... that was a flex too so I don't believe design matters.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

13. slowwrx

I'll bet you $200 bucks that you can't do the upipe on my wifes stock sti in an hour.

You don't have to take the turbo off but most people are doing and upipe and downpipe at the same time in which case its easier just to take the turbo off.

Matt

14. bjtyson3

bjtyson3 Member

batlgrounds is awesome..taking my car the 5th for a new diff,clutch,and flywheel..prolly get a dyno run too because i think i could pull a better number since the heat was giving me about -3 of my regular boost pressure

15. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Man. with Gotsol not writing anymore now I need to break in a new writer.. S.I.E.G.E.L. :D

The first 4 articles in Subie Sport mispelled my name :D

Thanks for coming to Tally yesterday, I had hoped to have a chance to take you out on track...

Siegel

(That's ESS EYE EEE GEE EEE ELL, or I before E, and like anGEL, not anGLE)

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Ah quit whining ya big baby....I get called delete all the time. It's De'Lette not delete!

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

SIEGEL but prononuced SEGULL? :)

The family and I couldn't stick around at Tally very long yesterday. After watching and seeing how friendly everyone was, I will be buying a new set of wheels and race tires so I can be ready for the next event... The 08 Wagon Challenge???

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

sea·gull also sea gull (sē'gŭl')
    n. A tuner, especially one found in the Atlanta area.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

It was nice meeting you. Sorry I didn't get to stick around and talk much between all the running around.