So...Lap times from TGP today

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Oct 21, 2007.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

So how did everyone do?

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

well the day was fairly tight (schedule wise) I did not see my last lap times. I was told I was in the 112's regularly.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

No idea, but it was definately a blast!

4. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I think a number of the instructors went 1:11's. There were some cars, Sanders, the Yellow and Black (yellowjacket ;) ) S2000 and Time Myers (basically a pro) driving the Turbo MX-3 on race tires that went 1:10's. Using the last of Sanders gas (to keep him from out-running me after) I ran a 1:08 which I "think" might be second only to the INSANE C6-Z06 on 345 wide Sport Cups that went 1:04.9:eek3:

I think Matt has been sub 1:05 in the One Lap car and I think Lucy in full "Kill" mode went 1:02 or something insane.

Siegel

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Who/What is Lucy?

6. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Doug's Brighton is "named" Lucy. What's funny is Matt's Brighton (which I might buy) is named Lucky...

Siegel

7. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

That z06 was crazy! But at three times the price of the next most expensive car there it had better be!!!

I was in the 1:10s and had a few 1:09s on the laps where nobody was in front of me. I had a blast out there!!! :)

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

You, my friend, are instructor quality :bigthumb:

I had to quit after morning practice. I wasn't running a catch can and had it set up to vent externally. On lateral load, it seemed that the tube was dumping oil which made its way all around the passenger side of the engine bay. Whatever got on the downpipe burned off and left thick clouds of smoke behind me.

Need to look into getting an air/oil separator now. Liquidforce has offered to run a compression test to make sure everything is ok.

9. 4sevens

4sevens Member

What a blast!

My best lap was 1:13.1
    Last time I was at TGP I was stock without the 27mm fsb and xp12/xp10's andI ran 1:18. :)

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Really wish I could have run the brighton but I have been on vacation for the last 5 days in Texas.

Two days before this years onelap we ran a 1.02.9 testing at little tally. That was on RE01r's with about 100 less hp and 100 more lbs of weight. I have no doubt that the car could run high 59's now if driven right.

11. slowwrx

Yeah I was talking to a friend that was at the Supra shoot out thing there, I was telling him that I thought I could get the One Lap Car under a minute if I had more power and slicks. He swears there is no way to go under 1.05 then I told him I already have.

12. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Dang. That's crazy. Yeah... I can see that with more grip there is a lot of time to be killed with those long flat turns. I'd love to drive something with downforce and real tires there. Or something really crappy that's really hard to control. Both would be fun.

And on a good note, my balls are finally warm enough to come back out after a night of sleep in sub arctic room. :wavey::wavey: Was that how you were insuring that there was no contact? It was a man'gina party in there... Oh, and maybe next time we wont book at a hotel beside an Alabama water treatment facility...

13. Alex

Yeah the room was great :) Smelled like lemon and cigarettes...outside smelled like ass.

14. welery

welery Member

Hey guys. I have all of the lap time sheets at home. When I get home this afternoon, I will try to get the results out. however i will not be posting names or numbers.... We will have an awards ceremony on 11/03 tentatively.

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Now I know what penguins smoking cigars and eating starburst would smell like :D

16. 4sevens

4sevens Member

17. 4sevens

4sevens Member

muhahaha
    [​IMG]
    (click for a bigger image)

Looks like I was all over the place. Time to improve my lines :rofl:

Next time I won't leave it in the glove compartment

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  18. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

wow, so how accurate is this, because according the map you did some serious agricultural work :rofl:

19. 4sevens

4sevens Member

On a clear day like that it should be 2-3 feet accuracy. But not inside a glove compartment!
    I should mount it on top of the car light Alex did with his cam :rofl:

20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

While you weren't looking I put it in my car.

I'd say its 100% accurate. :rofl:

21. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I was going to say... that looks like Mike's GPS plots. :rofl:

22. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

hahah :rofl:

23. slowwrx

If I went sub 1:10 in a bone stock STI you guys wouldn't want to know about it would you.

24. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^NOPE...one upper lol

25. slowwrx

Thats so much faster its almost a two upper....oh I like that two upper

26. welery

welery Member

All fastest lap times have been recorded and placed a Al Gore sponsored Lock Box.:D

27. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Did I win best smoke screen?

28. welery

welery Member

You win the longest smoke screen... I think the S2000 with the blown diff gets the most dramatic though.

29. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

30. 4sevens

4sevens Member

you should fit a valve that you can control from inside while driving that will open up over your up pipe!

31. techlord

techlord Active Member

you gonna post up times w/o names? Probably would be a give away for those that saw their times tho.

32. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

milo, what happned why was your car smoking?

33. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

from above:

34. socrates42

socrates42 Member

I had a blast guys! and many thanks to Scott for all his help making me fast and driving my car too.

35. welery

welery Member

Thats a good point. Everyone knows what the fastest car was though. He ran a a 1:04.xx.

36. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah.. I am sorry that I sold my spare diff a week ago.

37. welery

welery Member

he found a 04+ (stronger)rear diff in south ga. he should be good to go soon.

38. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

That S2000 sounded nasty accelerating up the straights though!!

39. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Meh, I don't think anyone actually cares about that beast. Sure, he killed us, but it's like taking a RPG to a watergun fight.

40. slowwrx

I wish my STI had been running, I would have loved to chase him down. I have had more Z06s spin in front of me trying to run than any other car.....well except maybe Porsches.

Matt

41. Alex

I mean, it was a bit intimidating seeing that guy ride up on you in the mirror haha

42. welery

welery Member

Hey guys, here is the S2KAtlanta thread with pics from Club Wars

43. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

oh really?

44. welery

welery Member

45. wrxin8or

46. welery

welery Member

Anything for you Bert

47. wrxin8or

I hate you walter

48. welery

welery Member

As Brian's Water Buffalo, its my job to call you by your real name:D

49. Alex

I was looking for this...ty

50. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

nice shots of Joe's s2000... anyone take one of a different car? hahaha....