So...Lap times from TGP today

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

you get Z06s to spin, I get s2000s to spin. hahaha... :wtc:

2. schneid

schneid Member

so who owns the STI powered RS that everyone is jocking on the s2k forum?

3. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

^ That would be me.

4. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed the RS, now can we PLEASE swap your car!On a real note, I hate that your motor went south on you.

I still think the RS's1:08 (RE070)to the ZO6 1:04.9 (Sport Cups) is INSANE! I would love to see what is possible with a little time fixing the brake issue, better tires and getting the car not to fuel cut during rt hand turns on 1/4 tanks of gas.:ddirty:

5. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

:D

What about that Maxima?

6. Cyclon36

Cyclon36 New Member

That was the most fun I've ever had on a track day! I bet you would have smoked me if it wasn't for the R-comps though :D I need a little advantage for the lack of horsepower :D

7. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Oh Yeah! That was alot of fun! I would love to had the car with out the brake problems I had to have pushed it harder, but thats all a part of this build up is to find the problems and work them out for next time. Just a few things to fix for next outting.
    I would have loved to had a video cam. to caught you with those sick slides!

8. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

Cyclon's always in the fast group for the S2000 events Unlike me :(

9. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

If you would keep it boosted long enough to get to the track you would be kick ass!:rofl:

10. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

ok... so Cyclon is Joe (yellow and black S2K), and NXTLVL is _(name)______ (white RSTi)??? If that's right, Cyclon, you're killing it in that S2k! You can really control that thing. You must do a lot of autocrossing too. You could balance it very well and pull it back easily. And NXTLVL... I don't know much about your ride, but you could certainly give it hell in that thing. I never followed you to watch lines/control, but from what I could see you knew your shit. *golf clap*

I'd love to get all our bugs worked out and hit it up again! That was so fun! That was the best track experience I've ever had... Normally there's nobody to play with and everyone's driving like an idiot.

11. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

It ran consistant 1:18s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I timed it myself!

Walter- the times are on Alex's time card if you need proof.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

And the arctic room was just icing on the cake

13. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

Scott pwnd the Maxima behind the wheel. :bowdown: I was laughing around the track riding shotgun.

I wish I'd of had a camera for the S2k that spun in front of us... Must of been fearing the pressure from the Maxima. :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  14. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

Can someone educate the Honda guy /Suby Newb what a "Brighton" is ?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  15. socrates42

socrates42 Member

it was a lightweight version of the impreza and legacy that subaru put out for a few years.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

17. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

19. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

NXTLVL is the other Scott at the track, Sanders as Siegel calls me. Thanks for the comments. I think it was you I was following on the last setion out, do you own the silver STI? That think was hauling ass!I kept getting closer to you around the track and when we came to the mid setion of the track , the car would make that one rt turn and fall on its face. I would litterally only have partial throttle to the last turn and power would come back in once gas got to the pick up again.:squint:

That was the first time on the track with it back running again and so I didn't know what to expect from it. Now I know I have to get an expert of the suby ABS system to get it figured out or take it off the car,when the car gets down to about 1/4 tank of gas and you turn right, it losses gas to the pick up in the tank so I have to figure out a different method of p/up for it.

20. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

That was my wife's ride! That car is such a blast to drive! Chris and I were laughing the whole way around the track! I didn't go full out with it , just enough to have some fun with it and not kill the brakes and tires for my wife.:rofl:

21. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Yep. :wavey:

22. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

^ Nice!

23. Slows2k

Slows2k New Member

Hey NXTLVL, you going to the awards show?

24. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wait, you timed the maxima on my time card? Asshole :)

25. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

If you were going faster than him it wouldn't be a problem.

Matt

26. welery

welery Member

We only took each person top lap time into consideration.

27. z06jones

z06jones New Member

Are you running any track events at (VIR/RA/Roebling/TGP) after the first of the year.
    I love firendly competition. I can't promise I'll sping out, but I we will defenitly have a good time.

I don't know if many here have been to VIR but it has 10x the runoff room of TGP, two - 1/2 mile long straights, some elevation change and in general is a phenomenal track

28. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

^^ Guess you are Keith?

Welcome to WRXatlanta. I have the black STI that was smoking.

29. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'll be at lots of events next year, all the Nasa events and probally some other events if I can fit them into my schedule. I'll be at CMP in Febuary with NASA, I'll be running TTR or TTU and STU, Hopefully I can drag the whole Batlground Squad out, that way we can do a little testing with the YING AND YANG test cars(oops did I announce a secret project).

Matt

30. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

I plan on it.U? What time,were?

31. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

With all that run-off it sounds like my kind of track ;)

It is hard to resist running off and playing in the dirt when the car was built for rallying. :rofl:

btw I had the silver 02 WRX and I am z-oh-6 on the posse board.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

33. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

^ Thanks Milo!

34. z06jones

z06jones New Member

We should try and get together then. I run several NASA events every year.
    I normlly don't run any TT as my car is a daily driver and stock other than a haltech filter and 5 point harness.
    Does not mean we can't compare times though. I've never run CMP, not heard good things about the track. But it is still an option. I'll stay in touch.

35. z06jones

z06jones New Member

I am.
    Thanks for the welcome. What route did you decide to go on the catch can? Can you plum it back into the system instead of just holding the oil?

36. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Thats what I am looking to do. However, some have suggested that there may be a kink in some of the plumbing that I need to check for first.