my heart attack and a general warning

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX_SVXGirl, Oct 30, 2007.

1. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

ok so i was driving home from work today and if anyone has ever driven down I-20 at about 330 in the afternoon headed west bound you know there is very minimal traffic. well i was coming up on fulton industrial blvd and just happened to glance into my left mirror and there was a GSP officer coming up on me FAST! no light on nothing, i looked back at my dash and i was doing 80, if anyone knows that area and if i am not mistaken its still only 55 there, the infiniti in the lane next to me had to speed up and duck into my lane to get the heck outta his way. i was like ok gonna slow down now ... just a reminder i drive an SVX and thought i was still doing only 70.

as for the warning if anyone is headed westward today please slow down in douglas and carroll county the cops are out in full force in both directions on I-20! and dont try hiding behind a semi because they all move to the far right lane! so if the semi all take a dive to the right slow down.

2. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  3. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

yes they are always out in carroll county around now. i forgot about that. always on I-20 cause people haul butt on that road.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

that is an interesting article indeed..also I-20 is one of the most common interstates used for drug trafficing... read that somewhere recently, another reason for much police presence.

5. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

see i didnt know that and i have noticed they have alot of FIND units out in douglas and carroll county that patrol that area and always have semis pulled over with three of four of them around them.

6. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

The are out in force here too! I have seen at least 6 people pulled over in the last mornings on my way to work.

But damn I read the thread title and thought you really had a heart attack!! My boss just had a heart attack friday, I guess it is on the forefront of my mind. Glad you didn't really have a heart attack! :D

7. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Yeah Carroll county sucks but I've lived here my whole life pretty much. I got pulled over 2day and got by with a nice warning. The cheif of police gos to my church and said Villa Rica made a huge drug bust last week.

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea I thought u were gonna say u had a heart attack on i-20. Glad u meant the popo and thanks for the warning even though Im off of 400.

A friend mentioned to me that he has a buddy that works in the ticketing office somewhere and he said the cops were trying to get 750 tickets last weekend. He said they got around 250 Saturday NIGHT alone. Im surprised we didn't see any on the last mountain run Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  9. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

damn it... stupid cop pulled me over for making a right turn at a red, and there werent any signs saying no turn on red or anything.. i slowed down to look at the traffic and made the turn but the cop was being an ass and gave me a ticket for not stopping...

10. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

yea we live in dallas off 120 so i take 120 out to villa rica to get there and they are always out there! they moved though my dad lives out in haralson county and they used to hide under bridges not they hide in the trees.

sorry for scaring people i almost did have one when the belt in car blew last week on my way to work in rush hour traffic, i thought my engine was on fire its smelled so bad. that wasnt fun. try getting over in three lanes of bumper to bumper traffic where people are inconsiderate.

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

There's some old farts on this board, so "my heart attack and a general warning" sounded real. Luckily you're not an old fart. ;)

12. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Who you calling an old fart?

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Thats what I thought...

I was assuming this to be some sort of "Well I just my first heart attack...stop eating the McRib from McDonalds"

14. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

i dont know when i saw those pictures i almost puked up what breakfast i hadnt eaten that morning.