2007 Subaru Challenge | Sat. 11/17 **Reg. now open** Turner Field, Atlanta, GA.

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by RRSCR, May 25, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Opie said to me in a pm that he's not going to do the pick your own number. Said it was too much of a hassle and pita to do at Gainesville...

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

There will be a 2008 WRX project car running in the Atlanta Subaru Challenge so you can see what the new body style can do.

[​IMG]

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

Should be intresting...

Any thoughts on meeting up and rolling together to the challenge?

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

We'll plan a caravan as the date comes closer :)

5. FACE

FACE Active Member

Kool!

OneIguy.......have you registered yet Dangit!!!!!

6. Trey

Trey Active Member

Soooooo the first post says open to 125 cars but the registration shows 111 entries and says it's full?

:nuts:

Is there a wait list??

7. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

last i heard they were only allowinf 110 people. thats was from the DSM in ATL

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

19 days........I cant wait!!!

9. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Darn it. I was just about to sign up too!!

10. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

That'll be interesting to see the time difference between the project 08 and my 08. I wish I could get one of the SPT team to drive mine or something as well so the comparison would actually tell us something, rather than a n00b like myself driving my car.

11. Meredith

Meredith Banned

It's not very acurate to compare whomever is going to drive the SPT car versus yourself. The best way to compare would be to get a seasoned autoxer to drive both cars on the same course. Also the SPT car is running in ESP and therefore may have on r-comp tires. Running the r-comps will make the car atleast 1.5-2 seconds faster on a 50 second course. There have been a few times I've beaten STis/EVOs with r-comps on and I was running on RE01rs; conversely Jay Parcon has almost beaten my times when I ran r-comps in stock class and he was on street tires. Autox is 70% driver 20% tires and 10% car. I just telling you this so that you won't get discouraged, however I would encourage you to get a seasoned autoxer in your car if you want to learn where the limits are. Or conversely try to get a ride in the SPT car to feel the differences yourself.

Edit: It looks like from the entry list Steven Rankins is going to be driving an 08 in ESP. He was my co-driver for nationals..... I feel lucky to get within a second of him in the same car, he is a very fast driver.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  12. FACE

FACE Active Member

Having RE01Rs makes me feel a bit better ;)

13. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

almost 2 weeks to go

14. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I bet, Don't worry your going to do fine :wiggle:

15. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Does Rankins own that? If not, do you like Paco and Karen to be the Atlanta NSRO winners?

*Edit* Hell, if Brian drives the way he did last week, he'll have a great shot at it.

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm assuming that the 08 WRX in ESP will be the SPT car.... My money is actually on my other co-driver from nationals Steven Kornhaus... Karen will likely kick my ass (hey she's a national champ and multi-time pro-solo winner). NSRO will have two winners from atlanta for ladies and open so my picks are Steven and Karen. I'm sure that Jose will have the fastest raw time (pending no return of stompy) but the SM pax will definately be hard against the softer STU pax. Regardless it will be fun to watch Rankins, Trey Davis, Chris Harp, Justin Rest, Kornhaus, Karen and Jose battle it out!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  17. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

I'm in! And Superdude is too. I thought I was going to have a conflict and have to cancel, but it's all good. :banana:

18. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

My money is on Brett.

19. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

still crying about the whooping i put on you saturday?

and yes I know it was mostly the car:rofl:

20. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

:banana:

21. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I think half of it was me yelling at you to brake :) You were way underbraking your first runs :)

22. wrxin8or

there is a very good chance of that too;)

every turn it was brian screaming BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

23. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

I'll see you guys there! I won't be autoxing this year. My swap is too new and I want to make sure all the bugs are worked out. But my car will be in the car corral. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

24. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

I have to run street tires in ESP due to lack of funds, damn cobb tune, gonna get owned. Would anyone suggest bumping back down to the cobb STX legal map to be slightly more competitive in class?

25. Meredith

Meredith Banned

yes switch maps.....

26. FACE

FACE Active Member

I guess I am still a bit confused about class. I registered in the ESP class. With only having TBE, Strut tower bars, and Lower H brace...I have to run in the ESP class Right?

27. Meredith

Meredith Banned

ESP is wrx.... STis are in BSP. Sounds like you can run STU; your brace technically puts you in F prepared but I doubt anybody would care.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  28. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Atlanta Challenge Cut Off

Based on the lack of daylight in mid November and that we will be doing 100% of the registration and tech on Saturday morning, we made the decision to cap at 100 entrants and wait list it to 110 entrants. We might be able to go a little past 110. It all depends on what the SCCA people say and if we can get everybody to show up at Turner Field and processed in a timely manner.
    Short answer is if you want to wait list PM me your information and we will put you in line and do the best we can.
    Randy

29. FACE

FACE Active Member

So will they change my class at registration?

30. Meredith

Meredith Banned

you should be able to edit your registration in my auto events

31. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

More in STU :banana: Woot.

32. wrxin8or

*fixed that one for ya clay*

33. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

so mwhat....yu runin bout sevemeight punds a baost?

34. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Is the Diablo Supertuner Predator STU legal?

35. wrxin8or

only if you gots that H Pipe, wif tha cooold aiiir entaek, and dem strate pieps offa it

36. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Predator... I heard he is a totally awesome tuner... so much better than the Segiel :p

[​IMG]

37. wrxin8or

absolutely. PREDATOR - the only way to tune

38. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Dude I'm so gonna miss the Predator booth at SEMA this year

39. wrxin8or

dude my buddy, hes goin to SEMA, he just bought him a 07m GT and he dint wanna pay retail so he started himmsef a biznes sellin parts so i gettem at whoalsael now

40. Meredith

Meredith Banned

dude is he gonna drift that beast? that would be awesome

41. wrxin8or

so wutchall doin down here, workn on yalls cars?

No, we blew up the turbo at the autocross so we are trying to see if the motor is ok.

oh, so wut are ya doin though...i dun get it

42. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

you need to go with the KCL filter, as it is bigger than the ford performance one

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, and he would keep on looking over my shoulder when we were doing the compression test. It was funny.

44. wrxin8or

yeah like he had any clue at all what he was looking at

oh, and my ass did fall asleep in that racing seat

45. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Thanks for your help though.. too bad the compression numbers didn't work out like planned.

46. FACE

FACE Active Member

11.5 days...

47. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

The countdown is on.

The Atlanta Subaru Challenge is right around the corner! We got Houston done last Saturday and we are now 100% focused on the Atlanta event.
    We are still working out a few final details about times for registration and tech inspections. By the end of the week we will post the details on WRX Atlanta and the Subaru Challenge web site.
    There will be a welcome reception and meet at Subaru of Gwinnett, Friday evening 11/16. Free food and refreshments for all Subaru Challenge participants antheir guests.
    We have 100 participants registered and 10 more wait listed. The SCCA chapter says that all of the wait listers are good to go. So plan to be there and ready to run.
    Let the trash talk begin!
    Randy

48. FACE

FACE Active Member

If your are not registered in the correct class...after tech inspection you will be placed in the correct class correct?

11 days

49. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

that reminds me i need to change mine ...

50. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

WooHoo! Just a few more days and I get to drive a Subbie again!