Subaru wrecked - Shittest day of my life...

Discussion in 'General Community' started by scooby_snacks, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

What wheels/tires did you have one there? and are the useable?

2. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

I had the black wrx wheels on there, with the federal tyres. They are completely useable and the previous day the tyres were gripping like motherfuckers when I was driving with Casey.

3. SubiNoobi

What did you do with those rotas (subzeros?) you had one there?

I guess I shouldn't be so eager for you to part out, you may get another subie yet!

4. scooby_snacks

I don't have any rota's that's Calmnothing. I had some 17 inch OZ Racing Formula 1's, which are pretty damn hard to find nowadays.

5. SubiNoobi

Ah, they look like some rotas. Any luck on your new car search?

6. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

It's most important, and great that you're ok. Looks like the car took quite the hit.

And how on earth can they cite you for hitting a tree? 3 points? What the hell is that?

7. scooby_snacks

Having a sporty aggressive looking blue coupe probably didn't help, he wasn't particularly polite to me either, especially considering that crash had just happened. I've only ever met one really nice cop when I was stuck on the side of a highway, the nice lady came to make sure I was safe and ok, the rest have been ....

8. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

Do you have full coverage on the car or just libility?

9. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

WOW!!!! Sorry to read about this, But good thing you are ok bro.

10. scooby_snacks

Full coverage fortunately.

11. SANDERS

SANDERS Member

12. JWX

JWX Member

sorry to hear about this. It was a nice looking rs.

13. truegiant

truegiant Member

wow

I am new and was browsing the forums.. Sorry to hear about your loss it was def. a clean RS.

14. scooby_snacks

Updates...

The car was written off for 9 grand. Only a grand less than what I paid for it 4 years ago, so these cars are definitely doing nice in terms of holding their value.

I'm not going to be buying it back but I am going to be able to swap the stock seat back in for the jdm one. Coilovers and other things are stuck on the car. Luckily I swapped the OZ's off the night before!

Now, just gotta figure out what I'm going to do for the next car....

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That sucks man. You should be able to find a lot of WRX's in the 10-13K ballpark.

Scary thing is if I recall the EXACT thing happened to Milo's old WRX. He was doing the same on a mountain run and was crusing and all of a sudden the rear went out. Maybe it's a case of too much rear sway bar?

16. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Last I heard Mattprzy was trying to sell his bugeye for around 9 grand.....or at least he mentioned it to me...

17. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Why cant you get the coilovers off?

18. scooby_snacks

Can't take coils off because wrecker yards don't let you do shit to the car before insurance sees it and then for a situation like this I didn't want to make it known about aftermarket coilovers in case they tried to pitch the blame on them for the accident and not cover me due to my modifications. Sometimes you've gotta take a loss and move on. I did take the wing off though when I was at the wrecker yard lol.

Not sure what car to move onto yet. I don't think I really want a wrx. Would prefer something cheaper to run around in and have some fun while I build up an old suby.

19. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

:sadbanana: <-- we need this as another smiley, btw

where is it going to? I'll yank them mother fuckers off with a quickness!

20. scooby_snacks

I'll find out more info for you tomorrow matt. You never know, if we sneak the stockers down and do it quick they may never notice.

21. Matt

exactly!!

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

After the wreck, I had the car towed to my apartment complex. The adjuster came, had the car towed to a body shop, and said it was totaled. I told them I wanted all my aftermarket parts back. So they allowed me to have the car towed back to my apartment and gave me three days to take everything off. They even said that I didn't have to put everything back together, as long as the car could be rolled safely. So the only stock parts I installed were suspension related. All other stock parts (turbo, IC, exhaust, etc.) was left in the trunk.

23. scooby_snacks

Little update, went to court today. My attorney managed to get the 3 point striking a fixed object thrown out and all I had to do is pay a $100 fine for the too fast for conditions. The look on the cop's face was priceless. I was trying so hard to not start doing the wanker wave at him.

Hopefully I'll be in a Suby this weekend!

24. Matt

yay for sticking it to a bogus 'revenue generator'!

Hopefully, you'll get into a car soon enough. And get me those coilovers!

:rofl:

25. scooby_snacks

haha! Well just for kicks I put some "After" pictures of my late Suby in the journal section.

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

i was in no way accusing you of being wrong, just saying that i would be surprised if it weren't totalled. but i was actually in the same exact situation. i had a friend at magnum collision (where the work was done, excellently btw!!), who said he would let me take off anything i wanted before they totalled it out if they did. i would just have to replace it with a stock part.

27. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I'd still give you $$$ for the motor

Siegel

28. EJ25RUN

EJ25RUN New Member

metel is metal

skin cant be replaced, good that your ok.

29. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Ouch. I wrecked my pride and joy about 4 years ago. It was really the worst feeling when the back end started to come around and I realized I had no control anymore. Just braced myself for impact....Now i've got a suby ;)