LF: Cheap Mechanic for co-worker

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Strayen, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Co-worker has a late 90s Eclipse and things are starting to fall off. He would like to see if I could find someone through the boards who could do repairs for his car on the cheap. The dealership quoted him like $1500 for a few of the stuff, not even all. CEL is on, something in the radiator is F*d, and some other things. Please send me a PM or txt me on my cell# 770-356-9498 with contact info. He'll take it in ASAP, over the weekend or early next week.

Thanks, Russ

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Just tell him to buy a radiator and install it himself. thats pretty easy. Take it to Pep boys and find out what the CEL is with their free engine Diagnostic and go from there. There are alot of issues that could be had with an eclipse. He may want to start looking into an engine swap and join the eclipse of Evo forums for some DSM buddies to help install it.

3. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

haha...hell now, he's got ZERO interest in keeping the car or modding the car. He wants to make the problems go away and sell the car. He's gonna get a new car, probably like a Lexus or something. He makes good big bucks, so he can afford it. But on the flip side of a rich person, they are also pretty stingy and this guy is that.

4. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea i hear ya on that. Don't have a clue where to go then

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hes not goignt o get much for that car anyhow, id donate.. and write it off in your tax

6. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Ironic you say this because all last week we have been preparing scripts for PBA vehicle donation commercials