So can I get some opinions...?

Discussion in 'Music' started by XanRules, Aug 16, 2007.

1. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

2. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

please?

3. baddriver

baddriver Active Member

Well to me the one song I heard sounded a lot like the chili peppers meets Primus and maybe ( maybe the bass riffs) with a little faith no more with the rap singing style.

Musically my ear kept wanting to hear more backup vocals with maybe some harmony, countermelodies or rises in the background.

in your general info section on the webpage, stating that the band sounds like shit seems a little too punker cliche to me.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  4. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

That's EXACTLY the kind of review I was hoping for. I'm flattered.

there are usually harmonies and stuff, but those are mostly done with a laptop microphone in my basement...can't hear too much, haha.

5. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

anyone else?

6. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

kinda had that funk side of how beastie boys have done. i like it. keep rockin bro!

7. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

8. well, here goes.

I think you should spring the cash for some studio time. If you had a good mix job done it would totally change the way the music sounds. I only say that because the recording device quality makes me think of 70's punk bands. Other than the quality, I like it alot.

on a musical note (I crack myself up), the timing was spot on, the bass was great, the guitar was good, and the vocals were good. I really think that some studio time would take away that tinny sound that all garage bands suffer from.

Also, you are in atlanta, so you have a very legitimate shot at playing at the atlantis music festival - the guy who coordinates the bands (Mark Willis) always shows a preference towards local bands because its soooo much easier to coordinate. Plus, he is always complaining that 90% of his submissions are rap... With a good demo CD/mp3, you just might be golden.

9. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

Nice, I heard "Lobster"

You are the drummer, right? If so, I have a bunch of percussion equipment from my days at UNT just sitting around.

Also, why isn't your car ready for the Suby Challenge?

10. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I'm the bassist and Vocalist.

And it's because it's in really embarrassing, bone-stock, drum-brake shape.

11. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

We're already working on it :ddirty::ddirty::ddirty:

12. SubiNoobi

SubiNoobi Supporting Member

I see, well, let your drummer know I've got stuff.

As for the Suby Challenge, I wouldn't worry about your car being totally "prepped" Read the classing rules that you can find on the SCCA website, and you'll see what kind of brake mods are allowed for the class you want to be in. And if you are interested in a brake upgrade, let me know, I actually had an 03 OBS with drums and wanted to do the mod too, but then the car got totalled and I got my 06

13. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

14. XanRules

XanRules Active Member