2009 tiburon

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nsvwrx, Nov 9, 2007.

1. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

If it handles well then this thing will rock.

I would buy one before I would buy a Mustang. Especially with the Hyundai warranties.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

copied info over
    Engine Options-
    2.0L turbo with 215HP and 217 ft-lbs of torque
    3.8LV6 with 300HP and 280 ft-lbs
    RWD

Price-$19,900 for the 4 or $25,900 for the V6.

Rumored features-
    iPod integration in the center console
    Bluetooth with the stock head deck
    limited slip option
    Brembo brake option.
    [​IMG]

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Looks good. Bold move going to a RWD platform like that.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I think itll pay off..

6. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

wow, if the rumors are true, rwd turbo v6 or i-4 then wow but meh, to me its still a hyundai

7. Have you ever owned a hyundai? ;)

People that own previous models of tiburons were pretty happy with what they had from what I've seen...

We just need to view things with an open mind...

I used to think WRXs were nasty when it first came out... hated the look even when I bought it... but I still learned to love it ;)

8. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

they get as high quality scores as many japanese manufacturers
    and onlt 1 manufacturere can trump their warranty

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  9. longfury

longfury Active Member

Very true, both Korean manufacturers have come a long way in the last 3-4 years. Kia and Hyundai both deserve a second look if you need good transportation. Looks like Hyundai maybe a sports car contender soon.

I am going to the Atlanta Auto show this year cause of all the new models. Lots of stuff to look at.

10. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Hm. I love it.

I think it's pretty obvious who they're targeting. And they might just steal up teh sales!

11. heathbar

heathbar Member

Wow... nice power with the V6, and RWD! Should have a good aftermarket too.

I'd have to see more pics before I commented on the styling.

12. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I dunno... I don't think I could drive a Hyundai.

13. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

Lsd, brembo breaks >.> RWD sports car that doesn't cost a internal organ. Toyota, Mitsu are you guys listening? apparently not because they has been a outcry for a affordable Import RWD platform to come back and hyundai of all people answer the call. not the people that built the RWD celica, and to a lesser extent the fanboy 86 are too good to continue.) Mitsu could have brought back the Starion and you know people would love to see that chassis make a comeback. People want affordable sports cars that are not ass draggers (FWD) :squint:

14. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

RWD with a 300hp V-6? And a 100,000 mile warranty? I'd say if the quality and driving experience are up to snuff, and people can get over themselves about the brand name, then I'd say Ford (and many others) should be seriously worried. If Hyundai can eventually build it with AWD for less than 30k, it'll be the next best thing to a Skyline.

In the meantime, I wonder how many of these we'll see in Formula D?

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

With Brembos, 300 hp, and rwd its gonna sell for more than 25k. Im surprised they are beefing up the n/a motor more than the turbo. These number are probably gonna change closer to production.

16. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah, to be honest though, the only reason I did give the 350 more cosideration was because it doesn't come with a backseat. The Infinity is too overpriced and insurance would suck....

So this car actually looks like a good alternative. Please let someone argue that the strut tower bar on the Z makes that big a difference in the cars handling. Ha ha.... and that it might actually be advantageous over the lack of one in the Tiburon. That would actually be funny.

I say that because my thinking is that chassis development has improved since Nissan build the Z.

17. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

If it was AWD it'd compare to our cars and VW r32's way before anybody compares it to a skyline. If someone is looking into getting a Skyline, I doubt they will consider the Hundai even if it was AWD.