2007 Atlanta Subaru Challenge Results!

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by BrianGT, Nov 17, 2007.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I posted up the results here for the Subaru Challenge:
    http://tastybeef.com/misc/SC-atlanta-results/

Here is an explanation of the files, if you are new to the format:

sc-atlanta_fin.htm - Results displayed by class, showing class winners
    sc-atlanta_pax.htm - Results sorted by fastest PAX time
    sc-atlanta_raw.htm - Results sorted by fastest RAW time

sc-atlanta-ssc_pax.htm - Results sorted by fastest PAX time for the Super Star Challenge (sweet 16 challenge) [entrants to the SSC were the top 16 PAX entries from the main event, competing in 2 additional runs, which were added together to obtain the winner of the SSC]

If you are unfamilar of what PAX is, check out this site:
    http://scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2008.html
    It is essentially an index that equalizes the times across class, also know as "Racers Theoretical Performance"

It was really great to see all of you guys out there today, and I hope that you make it out to more events next season.

I also sent all of the files out the the Subaru Challenge Admin, so they should be posted on the official website soon.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

thanks Brian!!!

yay for first in class!!

3. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Damn cone I had it won if it wasn't for the +1

'A Stock' - Total Entries: 4 Trophies: 2 Times Total
    1T 4 David Chow 07 Subaru STI 57.700+dnf 57.668 56.865 53.978 53.978
    -
    2T 3 Jerome John 06 Subaru Wrx Sti 58.817+1 56.493 55.359 53.343+1 55.343

4. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

There is always next year :) I killed my last 2 runs, but still had fun doing it.

5. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

woohoo first in class!

*ducks*

6. Rzoops

Rzoops New Member

Thanks for posting these up so quickly!

7. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I had a blast anyways the Gf cant stop talking about it I told her that she needs to buy her own tires!

8. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

i ended up making a drift event... stock wrx with shiz tires ftw!

9. Scotty B

Scotty B Member

thanks for posting these up...was a ton of fun, can't wait to get some real rubber on there

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I'm happy with 9th place with not autoXing for over 2 years....next time will be different!!

11. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

It was a blast. I'm definately going to do more autox next year. I've got lots of room for improvement but am happy with my 56 second pass.

12. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

That was a blast.

Next year I am definately doing the Florida event and the Atlanta event.

I need some 295's like pacobeagle ;)

13. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Wow! I got 1st in AS! I was pushing really hard on that last run!
    Alex did you grab my trophy! :banana:
    Sorry I couldn't stay for the awards thing

14. WRX_SVXGirl

WRX_SVXGirl Member

i think we are going to do the same thing, i definitely need more practice

15. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Congrats man!!!

Next year your going down if I stay in stock that long....

16. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

I love our street tires :) no more R-comps for us. Bridgestone RE-01R FTMFW!!!

with these street tires, behind Jose with the big ass slicks, our car was 2nd fastest raw, when driven by Jay:
    http://tastybeef.com/misc/SC-atlanta-results/sc-atlanta_raw.htm

Mere would have matched this time if she didn't cone. I sucked and was 2 seconds behind... :)

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

:bowdown: Mere.

That was some quality driving.

18. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Thanks! :) Yeah without the cone you would have had me. :p
    I plan on staying stock until either my warranty runs out or I sell it :)

19. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Yeah, she is getting damn good in the car. Her and Jay are co-driving the car for next season, and I will be driving the STS civic.

Thanks again for your help in fixing the engine. Without your help, and the help of WJM, there was no way that we would have had it running in time for the AutoX today!

20. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

It was my pleasure to help out.

BTW I saw the look of fear in your eyes as that cone was melting under your car. :)

21. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Sounds like you all had a blast...I should do some Auto-X up here in the Forester...

Mark

22. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

I was walking around afterwards going "He got cone on the turbo!!!"

I creamed the final two cones by the timers on my last run, which would have been a 55ish run. But I'm happy with my results.

And TougeTuned, STYLE POINTS FTW!!!!

23. TougeTuned

TougeTuned Banned

ROFLMAO. Thanks! when in doubt, clutch kick drift >.>

24. FACE

FACE Active Member

It was a blast people!!! I had a great time and cant wait to get back out there! I impressed myself for my first time autoxing...2nd in my class...missed first by only .517!!!

25. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

i had a blast also. i am defenately going to do more autox in the future. gotta get some lighter weight wheels and save up for some good tires.

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What a blast :) Are there any BMWCCA or PCA auto-x's left?

27. ridinobryan

ridinobryan Member

Wow! I had a blast yesterday. My first race and I think I want to try another one. But...

I was looking at the results and saw that I had 3 DNF's. I swear that I never went off course at any point. So, I guess I was going off course at the same point each time. But where????? There's no way to find out is there? Bummer. At least my times got faster with each run.

Nice meeting some you in person too.

28. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

In the future, I will be posting results during the run groups on a board near grid. I did it for portions of the event this weekend, but it wasn't well attended. I will be trying to get a tent that will stand out next year. If you do find yourself getting a DNF in the future, and have no clue where it occurred, try to have someone ride along with you on your next run.

I hope to see you out at more events next season!

29. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

30. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm really glad everyone had a blast! Please please please come out next year if you enjoyed yourself this weekend. Our local SCCA region depends on new members, and we would love it if you joined us next year. Just to give you a little background Atlanta Region SCCA has to be one of the biggest and best regions in the South East (maybe I'm alittle biast). This year we brought 31 drivers from our region to nationals.... and 10 of us brought back trophies. We want to continue to grow as a region and definately always need new members to help us get bigger and better!

Also a big thanks to Randy and South East SOA for bringing this event to Atlanta!

31. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

make it cheaper and I'll be there a LOT more!!!

Or, for the same price, have more events! :D :banana:

32. Meredith

Meredith Banned

With lot rentals and insurance we do our best to keep it cheap.... we will continue to try to provide the best autox experience in the south east.

Edit: we do have "season passes" available for purchase at the begining of the season; they usually are a decent value versus paying for every event.

33. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Thanks for the results Brian! I had a blast and it's great to see some new folks thinking of giving next season a try. This was my first season and it was awesome. I highly recommend it. As Mere said, come out next year!!!

Thanks Randy and SOA for putting on a great event. And for Heyward, Mere, Brian and the rest of Team Solo for running a tight ship!

34. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, pretty much the exact same scenario for me.

I had a great time everyone! Hopefull I'll make it out to a few events next season. It had been so long since that las one I did, I forgot how much I enjoy it :)

35. Proxy One

Proxy One Member

I had a blast also and am planning on doing some AutoX events along with my usual road racing events next year. This was my first AutoX and it was great. Got a 54.085 almost 3rd in class. Pretty good for first time I thought.

36. RRSCR

RRSCR <b>The Observer</b>

Thanks for making the Atlanta Challenge a great event! The participants were super and the auto cross was very smooth. I told Mere and Heyward after the event that of the 20 or so of these that we have held over the years that this one had to rank in the top 2 or 3. It just needed to be about 15 degrees warmer.
    We appreciate you letting Subaru be a part of your ownership experience.
    Randy

37. Brian

Brian Active Member

Thanks again Randy and everyone else. I had a great time!

38. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

I had an awesome time. Thanks to Jay for the great course design. The first right hander after the slalom into that sick straight away and the finish were amazing. I will go to any event where Jay is designing.

39. Trey

Trey Active Member

Good job Randy and Team Solo!!

40. perduevision

perduevision Member

It was nice getting to meet all of you guys. I had a great time. Adrenaline pumping, heart beating out of chest good times! I can not wait to do it again.

Here is the link to the photos I took.
    http://www.perduevision.com/subaruchallengehtml/