insight needed

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

I always feel kind of lame when I ask for life advice on here, but I figure if I can't ask my suby family, who can I ask?

Back story:

I met this girl probably about a month and a half ago at a GT football game. It's actually a girl that I saw around campus from time to time and definitely had my eye on. So from that point on, she and a friend would always come by our tailgating festivities and sit in our block and hang out for a good portion of the game (if not the whole thing). So anyways, the same thing was going on for the UGA game.

Afterwards me and a friend and her and her friend got a bite to eat. Well I felt like we were hitting it off pretty well over dinner, and I got numerous looks and smiles and such from her throughout dinner. Basically from my prospective the signals were flying (sidenote: I am much more interested in trying to start a relationship with this girl than just a hook-up). Well nothing was really going on after dinner and everyone was pretty tired so we went our separate ways.

Later that night, I get on Facebook and get a "I quite like you!!!" from her. Kind of different, but whatever, I'm stoked at this point.

The next day I'm out grocery shopping and I just happened to run into her and her friend. Same thing as the previous night as far as signs and such, and there was some comment made by her friend about her liking me and not even being drunk when she wrote it.

So at this point I'm still stoked, this is going exactly how I want it to. I decide that I'm going to ask her out in a few days for this coming weekend.

Fast forward to today:

I found out a few of my very good friends are throwing a party on Friday. I'm thinking it would be an easy opportunity to take her out. Plan on getting dinner before and such.

I make the call. No answer. I leave a short message just saying to call me back. No call back tonight.

Getting bummed.

So anyways, my questions...

Am I reading to much into this no call back thing? From my perspective, if I was really liking someone I would be eager to talk to them (I mean I was eager to talk to her). That's pretty much what's worrying me. From what I'm thinking, bad scenario: she's not nearly as interested as I thought; not bad scenarios: she was really busy tonight, she doesn't want to look eager, her phone ate it.

Next, what should I do if I don't hear back from her? Should I give her another call in a few days? What's kind of weird is that we've been in touch via facebook wall a couple of times since the game (just stupid stuff). I'm just not sure what I should do in the event of the no callback. Maybe she's just the "hard to get" kind of girl (I wouldn't blame her as hot as she is).

This whole thread could be for not if I hear from her tomorrow, but it's just bugging the hell out me right now. I think I'm just being a tard...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Here's a bad scenario, don't start relationships on facebook/IM. Probably just reading too much into the no call back thing though.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

This is just general advice right? Because this is in no way a relationship started or being attempted to start via facebook. Just for any clarification :)

Haha yeah, so after rereading everything this morning, I definitely think it was just a case of the late night "everything seems way worse than it actually is." However, my question is still, what's my next move? Give it another day or so and then call again, or just let it ride for awhile?

4. WJM

WJM Banned

Making yourself too available will ruin it. Dont be so quick to jump on it.

If she really does like you she will pursue it. Otherwise...dont get too excited. Most females in the age group of 14~22 dont really know what they want and are SUPER flaky on relationship stuff. The 23~28 age group is not as bad...but the 20~25 range is still flaky, but not as bad as the previous flaky range.

WJM has been in way too many of these type situations.

5. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

WJM needs to stop posting in the 3rd person.

He has a point though... don't make yourself too available. But if you don't hear from her in a day or two, find a way to make sure she at least knows about the party (i.e. phone call, facebook). After that point I would let it go.

Good luck!

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Your paranoid man... She'll call if everything happened like you said, its probably something simple like here phone was dead. If she doesn't call in 3 or 4 days you could try once more. If no, then its prolly not gonna happen... I think you'll be ok...

7. cannarella

cannarella Member

I agree with SonicBoom. Give it a couple days and if you don't hear from her call again. Or wait until you bump into her again and ask her out since you seem to be in the right places at the right times.

IMO stay away from chatting electronically. Good old fashioned on the phone or face to face, that way nothing can me misinterpreted and you learn so much more about the person. I have seen plenty of relationships fail in their infancy due to texting, IM, facebook, and the like.

Good luck my friend.

8. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I agree with pretty much everyone else on here....Don't make yourself available..take a step back...if shes got your # and she wants to hit you up/hang out...she'll come around..if not then thats that.....remember people in general always want what they can't have..so if she feels that you're not too interested she'll probably keep chasing you...then you have show some interest but not too much...does that make sense??? If that doesn't work, get a name change to Mclovin...then it has to work.. haha

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I appreciate the advice everyone.

I guess the main reason I had somewhat of a sense of urgency is that generally speaking I very rarely see this girl. I mean aside from football games, I've seen her maybe 5 times on campus and then the one coincidental run in at the grocery store. We don't exactly run in similar circles of friends either. I guess I kind of felt like if it was not acted on soon, I would kind of have to luck into another scenario of hanging out with her.

But yeah, so I guess my gameplan if I don't hear back from her is just to give her another call the day of the party, and just put a casual invite out there.

10. Eco Auto Clean

there ya go man..play it cool...also...not that it matters to most guys but..umm does she have a boyfriend? That may have something to do w/ it..? Keep us updated!

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

IB she forgot to pay her cell phone bill...
    or she found your "special" facebook photos :D

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha, no boyfriend that I know of. And I'll keep you updated, hopefully with interesting things :)

Nooo! I knew that night would come back to bite me in the ass...literally...

13. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

give us a picture so we could look for her while we are on campus

then we could alert you right :rofl:

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Give it a day or two and she'll probably call you back. Especially considering she was sober when she ran into you at the grocery store (I assume).

Good luck bro!

15. Eco Auto Clean

man I feel a short film coming on..a girl..alone on campus...being stalked by subarus....man that would be funny..

16. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Warning Old man advice coming....

Call her again. Don't worry about the games and the two day rule and all that B.S. just call.

17. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

2 day rule? I've always heard 3 day rule, but personally I always just wait until the next thursday and call her then to see what her plans are for the weekend.

18. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

+1 things just work when they're right.

19. WJM

WJM Banned

+11tybillion.

20. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha yeah, I'm more worried about the trying not to look creepy/obsessive aspect. But I do generally agree with your advice on the rules/games. My few long term relationships all started pretty much game free. Just two people who enjoyed each others company and weren't worried that the other knew.

Haha, I was thinking that a ttiwwop like comment would come eventually. I'm tempted to (lol, not for reasons of suby community surveillance), but won't at this point. I'd rather not have the off-chance occur that somehow this thread got back to her :)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  21. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

what's a tittiwop? i'll admin it does sound fun....

22. Biggis

Biggis Member

Couldn't agree more.

And if it doesn't work out, take solace in the face that T.B.S. is VERY real and there is nothing you can do to change that. If she calls back wonderful, if not, meh.

23. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha,

This
    Thread
    Is
    Worthless
    With
    Out
    Pictures

And agreed, "tittiwop" does sound most unpleasant.

24. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well everyone's responses on here combined with the conversation I just had with one of my best friends, I feel pretty much awesome and worry free.

Thanks again for all the input! And I'll keep you updated.

25. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

sweet..now go watch 2 girls 1 cup again you sicko

26. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

:rofl:

27. Deke

Deke Active Member

Hey I posted a song written about it (which I happen to have learned). Haha I advocated no one watch the actual video. :)

28. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

Or the Kermit the Frog reaction video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOn1htjSZic

[Fairly work safe, except with sound turned on:naughty:]

29. well, you could always just drop a line on facebook about how you left a VM for her. just in case she didn't get it and shes thinking you never called her...

But yeah, just calling her would also work. i agree with the old man advise. :D

30. Deke

Deke Active Member

UPDATE

So I called her again tonight. She picked up this time (yay!). I Invited her to the party and she seemed rather interested. She gave me a maybe though due to some HW assignment she has due by 11 tomorrow night (I thought my profs sucked) and that she won't be able to do it until tomorrow evening because of other school stuff. I told her the party will be going rather late. She told me she'd definitely call tomorrow and let me know if she would be able to make it or not.

Either way, things sounded good. I think regardless of her plans tomorrow night I'm going to go for the real date in the very near future.

I haven't been this excited about a girl in a long time (probably since my high school girlfriend).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  31. Eco Auto Clean

congrats bro! keep up us updated!..and of course don't get completely waisted at the party....ah what am I saying u got this...keep us updated...on the way back just don't get stuck between an m3 and legacy w/ two drunk girls.haha

32. Deke

Deke Active Member

:rofl::rofl: