Anyone own AR-15/10 ??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JJang12, Nov 29, 2007.

1. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I would to like try these and learn more about it. Maybe a Range G2G??

Also, I heard that GA is not so strict about AR compare to its strict handgun laws. Any more advice??

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I have one for sale(AR-15)... don't have much time for a g2g, but might be able to answer questions for you... Sweet rifle... I'd get an AR-10 if I could afford it.

3. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I thought civilians couldn't buy AR-15s. Is it a clone?

4. AR 15 is the civilian M16 - more or less.

AR 10 ftw

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

100% legal and fairly inexpensive. I got mine for just under $800... Clips are around $20 and ammo is cheap if you buy it in bulk...

6. cannarella

cannarella Member

I am holding on to my buddys ar-15 since he has 2 kids. According to GA law as far as I know, it is just another rifle. It just looks different. You can go into a store that sells them and buy one right then, no waiting period. Did to also know that in GA you can leagelly own silencers? I was amazed when I was looking for an AR that the guy suggested a silencer. You have to pay a $200 fed tax and register it. Oh, did I mention they start out at around $500 and you have to get your barrel modified to scre it on. Not cheep. I could meet at BullsEye in Lawrenceville if others want to come. Pretty much any week day evening would work for me if I had a days notice. They also rent full auto guns like MP-5 and tommy guns. Very fun if you never done it before.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

My dad has an AR-15. I don't know much about them, but it is definitely a fun gun to fire.

8. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

A tommy gun?!? I want to shoot one of those!

Say hello to my little friend!

9. cannarella

cannarella Member

It shoots slow compared to the MP-5. It is $10 for the gun rental and you have to use their ammo which is about another $10.

10. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

are you serious about the silencers? wow...

11. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Yeah.. didn't know about the silencer thing either.. thought that was a felony, no matter what state... Why would anyone besides a mercinary need one?

12. cannarella

cannarella Member

It would just be cool to have one. Imaging being able to take out that squirrel that has been raiding the bird feeder without anyone knowing. It is legal in many states. However if you are traveling through a state where it is not and you get pulled over and they find it even though you have a license for it you go to the slammer and they silencer is confiscated.

The trick is getting the sheriff of the county you live into sign the paperwork...

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=1211

http://law.jrank.org/pages/11807/Gun-Control.html

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

silencers are illegal according to the Geneva Convention, meaning that our armed forces are not supposed to use them EVER. same with laser sights. but ask a special ops person if they've never used either one.....

14. I can't seem to find that info anywhere... But I did find this:
    and this:

Edit: The wiki on suppressors is a very interesting read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suppressor