prosport Gauges

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by awdlaunch132, Nov 29, 2007.

1. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

Anyone every hear of these gauges. there the only gauges that i can find that match the factory gauges. I would love to get defi's but one gauge is more than i want to spend on three gauges. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them!

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

couple people have them, just wait for the morning crew to come back in

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

4. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Yeah. They are pretty popular over on Nasioc. I have a couple sitting on the workbench waiting to be installed.

5. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

6. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

hmm, i like them! i think i might get rid of my defi boost gauge to get three of these!

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

yo yo yo, whatup G!

Ive got the electronic non-recording boost gauge from prosport. Its awesome. The green one matches the wrx gauges almost perfectly, and it was simple to install.

Not to mention the price rocked

8. schneid

schneid Member

9. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

The Maddad gauges are the best match, but the Prosports are good for the money.

I have the Prosport Premium Boost and Oil Pressure gauges right now. The button didn't work on the Oil Pressure and I sent it back to them and they had it fixed in a week and back to me. They do have good customer service.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The Green ones don't match the WRX gauge cluster well.....THEY ARE WAAAAY BRIGHT. Now the Amber ones match the STi cluster very well.

Also they are very hard to see in the daytime unless they are under some form of shade.

11. WolfSong

WolfSong Member

Yeah... Delette hit the nail on the head as far as their shortcomings.

The green ones aren't much of a match from a color standpoint... I haven't seen the MadDad's in person, but I know how much of a perfectionist Rich is so I'd think they'd be a good match from a brightness and color standpoint.

During the day, they are hard to see due to glare. I have a wagon so I do have a little different light and glare characteristics than the sedan. The issue is there whether the day is sunny or cloudy, once it gets dark it's not an issue... but I'd hope that maybe mounted somewhere else and using the hood, they're not near as bad.

I've got mine in a modified Stock gauge pod, there wasn't enough space to get the hoods on them, I'll be pulling them sometime in the next couple of weeks to try to trim a little more and get some space for the hoods.

Like I said, they are good for the money... but there are definately better products out there if you want to pay for it.

12. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

I've got the green premium ones and they are def a lot brighter than stock gauges. I am still happy I got them due to the matching of the bezel on the gauge. Can't beat the performance for the price!

13. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Oh yeah, they also have an opening and closing sweet ceremony. I believe the prosport site has a video of it..

14. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

yeah i am debating on getting these. they are so cheap if i don't like them it won't be a big deal. so they are officially on the christmas list!!! (for myself to buy) Also if there is a ton of youtube vids of the prosport gauges if anyone wants to look. def a cool bling factor with these.

15. awdlaunch132

awdlaunch132 Member

also here is a pic a found online. they match the sti interior really well

[​IMG]

16. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

I have prosport guages in my sti, I love them. Cheap and very nice looking. They are very accurate too.

17. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

They match really well and the sweep thing is schweeet!

18. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Well shit, I just ordered the sticky-mount 52mm housing from these guys. Thanks!

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just remember to wire them to IGN and not ACC if you want them to sweep about the same time as your cluster

20. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

I have the amber/white boost (mechanical), EGT, and Oil Pressure. I love them. They look great and I got the three gauges and my pod for less than the price of one Defi gauge

21. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

Yeah defi's are stupidly overpriced

22. heathbar

heathbar Member

I love my defi's... :wtc:

PS - yeah they're expensive

23. Hairy Gorilla

Hairy Gorilla Member

I think they look great I just can't justify paying that price for a boost gauge. Especially since now you have to buy the controller unit too. They still look great:ddirty:

24. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I used to have them on my 06 WRX wagon and I liked them. I am probably going to get the Defi's on my FXT after a little while though.

Mark