Music: Serj Tankian solo album

Discussion in 'Music' started by SonicBoom, Dec 4, 2007.

1. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

For those of you who don't know, its the guy from System of a Down. This is is his solo album. Music wise, it sounds very similar to a regular System album.. vocals is a little different. The absense of the other vocalist(the bass player I think) is missed. The harmonies between those two(or whatever its called when two people sing the same thing at the same time) is what I really like about them, so its lacking here. Over all though, I like the cd. It took some time to really get into it... there's several songs on there that sound the same in the beginning, he really likes to open with piano... This cd makes me look forward to the next System album...

2. schneid

schneid Member

Serj would harmonize with the lead guitar player...what is the name of this album?

3. Demo24

Demo24 Member

elect the dead

I'm planning on getting this sometime soon. So far the singles have interested me

4. schneid

schneid Member

on another note about Serj: I went to see The Mars Volta, who happened to be opening for System of a Down a few months back....Serj has perfect pitch and an amazing voice but cant dance at all...his movements look very nerdy , haha. Most of the time he stands still with an arm or two out, looks like he's preaching

edit: wow I'm losing it, this was 2 years ago, nevermind

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Thats what I like about the band... I've heard that referred to as "operatic warble"... I think both of those guys have amazing vocals...